Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Rov Pilot Grade II

Rov Pilot Grade II

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work Rov Pilot Grade II

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Roberto
    Participant

Hi all,
    I enrolled me in the forum, today.

I’m italian and I’ve over 2 years of experience in the offshore’s world, because I worked as professional diver in Egypt, Italy, Croatia.

I’m looking for a job as ROV PILOT GRADE II.

I’ve familiar and skilled with electric, electronic and hydraulic systems.

I’m in order with all certificates (CERTIFICATE ROV PILOT/TECHNICIAN GRADE II, UKOOA, OPITO, HUET, SEAMANS BOOK, COMPETENCE IMCA, etc.).

I wait your proposal.

Bye guys…

Salee
    Participant

DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE ON ROV SYSTEMS???
    DO YOU ANY TECHNICAL BACKGROUND???

deepseacon
    Participant

Why not try Impresub?

Roberto
    Participant

DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE ON ROV SYSTEMS???
    DO YOU ANY TECHNICAL BACKGROUND???

Yes, I’ve.
    Technical and electronic background.

Impresu? I’ll try…

Thanks.

James
    Participant

Check you PMs.

Impresub/Sonsub/DNT are the ones that come to mind first.
    Also, there are a few more very small ROV outfits but I am sure nothing you’d be interested in.

Good luck.

Ray Shields
    Participant

BobbyROV,

having a technical qualification and experience is a good start but the job you are looking for is Trainee Pilot Tech, not Pilot Tech 2. You are not a Pilot Tech 2 as you have not yet had any ROV experience.

Having a certificate saying you are a Pilot Tech 2 does not – no matter what the training school that gave it to you say – make you one. You will need to have been working in an ROV position for up to about 1-1.5 years depending on what work you have been doing to get to Pilot Tech 2.

Salee
    Participant

Well Ray, it was my intention to say that but some people here think that we have a bad attitude with trainees!!!!

BobbyROV, why do you think you are better than the guys with ROV course?
    Apply for trainee position and MAYBE you have a chance with Italian companies (Impresub,Dnt)![/img]

deepseacon
    Participant

Go for PT2 and dont worry what they say on here a PT2 is a trainee all the same what ever any one says we all know you are looking for a start and dont need smart comments from ray in aberdeen or salee in sa.

Ray maybe you should contact IMCA and tell them what you think!!!!!!

Salee
    Participant

Anyhow Deep, trainee or PT II, don’t give a sh*t!!!
    If the guy know to sell him self good and gets the PT II position he will burn him self at his first job!

BobbyROV: Try DNT Offshore, they are based in Ravenna, the name of the company is now changed in Burbon Subsea. As I know, they are doing in house training so maybe its good to try there because I spoke with GM & OM
    and they are looking for a lot of people.
    PM if you want some details.

LukeD
    Participant

So what does ROV PILOT GRADE II mean ?
    For that matter what does Grade I mean ?
    And can you get ROV pilot Grade – Professional 😕

deepseacon
    Participant

Competence Tables – Remote Systems & ROV Division

Codes to be used in conjunction with Record of Competence book, IMCA C 006

ROV Supervisor R01
    Entry Level Qualifications Acceptance Criteria
    Offshore medical Current valid medical
    Offshore survival course suitable for geographical area of work
    Current valid certificate
    Competences of ROV Senior Pilot/Technician Satisfactorily completed all ROV Senior Pilot/
    Technician’s competences
    Nominally 180 days as ROV Senior Pilot/Technician with satisfactorily completed company assessments
    Appropriate entries in work recording logbook

ROV Senior Pilot/Technician R02
    Nominally 360 days experience as ROV Pilot/ Technician Grade I and 100 piloting hours as ROV Pilot/Technician Grade I
    Suitable entries in work logbook and satisfactorily completed company assessments
    All competences of Pilot/Technician Grade I Suitably completed entries in competence logbook

ROV Pilot/Technician Grade I R03
    Nominally 180 days minimum offshore experience as ROV Pilot/Technician Grade II and a minimum of 100 hours piloting
    IMCA logbook – with appropriate entries and satisfactorily completed company assessments
    Experience as ROV Pilot/Technician Grade II Satisfactory competed all ROV Pilot/Technician II competences

ROV Pilot/Technician Grade II R04
    Offshore survival course suitable for geographical area of work Current valid certificate
    IMCA ROV Pilot/Technician II entry level Meets criteria set out in IMCA R002 document:
    Academic qualifications – certification
    Industrial experience – references

http://www.imca-int.com/documents/core/ct/docs/IMCAC001.pdf

LukeD
    Participant

Thanks 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Go for PT2 and dont worry what they say on here a PT2 is a trainee all the same what ever any one says we all know you are looking for a start and dont need smart comments from ray in aberdeen or salee in sa.

Ray maybe you should contact IMCA and tell them what you think!!!!!!

I disagree. No matter what IMCA guidelines say (and they are guidelines that are very loosely adhered by ROV Co’s at best) the operational reality offshore is somewhat different.

How can a Trainee be sensibly viewed (or employed as) a Pilot Tech at any grade?

The very title alone (Pilot and Tech) infers that they are able to Pilot an ROV in an operational environment and attend to it’s Technical requirements on deck. None of which a trainee would be able to do with any competence.

I can imagine the scenario, in a control shack, where the client is asking why the person on the sticks can’t fly the ROV when they are on-board as a Pilot Tech only to be told that that person has very little/no piloting experience and is in fact a Trainee and therefore not actually a Pilot nor an ROV Tech with any experience.

For those of you that have only been in the game a few years.
    Just because a number of companies have been short over the last few years and have managed to get away with filling PTII slots with Trainees does not mean that a Trainee is now automatically a PTII.

best regards
    James Mc

Salee
    Participant

8) 😀 8) 😀 8)

Topdawg
    Participant

I agree with James!

although I have been made P/T II by my former company, I always introduce myself as a trainee.
    Why? because I am… I only have been in the game for 11 months and there is so much more to learn. When I say I am grade II, at first there is an expectation of knowing what a grade II should know and secondly it doesn´t piss off the rest of the crew and/ or client so much because you can´t find the target on sonar anymore.

TD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar