Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted ROV search

ROV search

Home Forums ROVbay! ROVbay! – Items Wanted ROV search

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Antonino Bono
    Participant

Hi I’m looking for an ROV used.
    My operating range is up to 100 m.

Deep Trekker
    Participant

Hi sigane17,

Can you tell us a bit more about what you plan on using the ROV for?

Deep Trekker ROVs are depth rated up to 150 m. They are extremely robust, capable, and quite affordable.

One of the great things about them is that they are battery operated. Providing 6 – 8 hours of operation with a 1.5-hour charge. If you require more, there is also a hybrid-power option to charge the batteries as you fly.

There is also a 270-degree rotating camera with LED light, and they are made out of strong die-cast aluminum – not plastic.

Deep Trekker ROVs have been proven in industries such as aquaculture, offshore energy, underwater infrastructure inspection, search and rescue, research, and more.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to help. The website is http://www.deeptrekker.com

Looking forward to hearing more about your project. 🙂

Antonino Bono
    Participant

We do surveys of the seabed for biological analysis in Mediterranean sea.
    We need a ROV who works fine even under high current.
    For this we have thought to find a fairly heavy and stable
    and the Deep Trekker DGT2 with 8.5 Kg seems too light
    and the controller seems a toy.
    Can you tell me someone in Italy who has purchased this rov to have opinions o reference?
    Thanks

Mauro Stasi
    Participant

Ciao sigane 17,
    se vuoi visita il nostro sito: http://www.irov.it
    e mettiti in contatto con noi.
    Grazie
    iRov

Deep Trekker
    Participant

sigane17,

Thanks for the information sounds like an interesting project. What would be the typical current there?

The DTG2 ROV is a proven ROV even in currents, it has a forward speed of 2.5 knots and the spherical shape handles the current much easier than a box-shaped ROV.

If you are looking for something larger, there is also the DTX2 ROV which may be more suited for your application. It is more powerful and can handle more current because it has vectored thrusters – and is still affordable. http://www.deeptrekker.com/dtx2

As for the controller, although it resembles a gaming controller it makes the whole system very portable and compact. The video can be connected to a larger monitor if you wish, and it reduces the learning curve greatly. The controller is still very robust and durable, but you don’t have to carry around an extra suitcase or monitor to operate your ROV! 🙂

Send me a direct message and I can put you in contact with some of our customers.

Maikle
    Participant
    Gavin Innes
    Participant

we are using various deeptrekkers here in norway where it can get pretty rough, we have no problems within reason when it comes to dealing with strong currents. The people we are working with get a big surprise when they see the deeptrekker in action.
    As for the controller, it’s perfect for an ROV of it’s class the video output is very good quality. we often connect it to a 12" screen if it’s available on the boat but you don’t need to. Also there is a cool small DVR which you can connect to the controller for recording.
    I’ve been very impressed with the deeptrekker along with everyone else in the aquaculture industry in norway.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar