Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training ROV TRAINING SCHOOLS – THE POLL !!

ROV TRAINING SCHOOLS – THE POLL !!

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training ROV TRAINING SCHOOLS – THE POLL !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Savante
    Participant

OK, this poll should only be answered by people who have genuinely self-funded their way (or received training budget from the services to go civvy) through training schools such as the Underwater Centre at Fort William.

The measure of time is taken from the point that you sent in your cv to the point at which you were succesful in an interview. (This should hopefully avoid distortions on Human resources as some can take weeks to send a contract).

Be honest, James can track IP addresses.

maicoman
    Participant

First to reply!
    Did the course at MTCS in October 08, still looking, waste of time.
    Glad i have got a reasonable job at the moment and not relying on a wonderful new career in the ROV industry promising world travel and meeting interesting new people!

Crickitt
    Participant

Did 8 week course in Texas back in ’06. Brutal!! Don’t even know if it exists any more. But, did get my first job within 4 weeks. ‘Course, that was back when things were still looking pretty good, work wise.
    If other courses are similar to this one (and I’m fairly certain they are), stay FAR away.

Savante
    Participant

bump.

Savante
    Participant

bump !

MrSilent
    Participant

So far that’s 66% of people got work after taking one of these courses. Well well. 😯

Preid
    Participant

Took me 3 and a half months to find work after finishing my self funded course.

Savante
    Participant

see how this develops… …also need to consider what the opposite end of the table is like. How long did it take you to get a job with genuine technical experience?

To be honest, I wish I’d put the calendar to up around 8months rather than "still hunting". Bit late now.. 🙄

Bristar
    Participant

Also consider that the ones that didn’t get work may not be looking at this site anymore… I know one person that gave up after spending £8,000 at Fort William and a year of hunting.

mido
    Participant

lol@bristar

Savante
    Participant

the plot thickens !!

MrSilent
    Participant

73% have found work now. 😯

Ewan McKen
    Participant

Or maybe, nobody found work, and 10 people who work for the training schools placed false votes.

Regards,
    I5.

Savante
    Participant

myth busted ?

still, it’s one of those things, leave it a week ! If we get similar response to the "how many days offshore" then this would be worthwhile resource.

there are a heck of a lot of assumptions here and caveats…. …definately not a scientific process !!

if you know someone who’s gone through the course, point em here!

MrSilent
    Participant

Or maybe, nobody found work, and 10 people who work for the training schools placed false votes.

Regards,
    I5.

How cynical of you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar