Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) ROV Uni0n (RMT) UK Members

ROV Uni0n (RMT) UK Members

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) ROV Uni0n (RMT) UK Members

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Do you receive offshore updates from the RMT Uni0n in the UK?

Have you noticed that the ‘offshore’ subsea updates/news seems to be geared up to Divers, LST’s, Riggers with very little, if any, reference to ROV?

From what I can gather the RMT is keen to accept more ROV members into it’s ranks but in return, this year, seems to have sent out little, if any, information to it’s new ROV members on what they are doing for them behind the scenes.

I have just received a biodegradable 2008 diary which, to be fair, does actually contain some useful content but no mention of ROV’s in there either 😉

Makes me wonder what the RMT is doing on the ROV front.

Savante
    Participant

James, you still keepin an eye peeled on the illbephuked website?

Ray Shields
    Participant

I have been in MSF, amalgamated to Amicus, amalgamated to Unite since 87. Their offshore section is just that, ANY offshore job, and not specific to 1 or 2 jobs as RMT seems to be.

And they have been VERY useful for me this last year, subscription well spent. RMT seemed to have a big push to get members in, and a lot of people joined to try and get onto the "shirt tails" of the divers and their pay increases. But now thats just about over, they are back to concentrating on diving again (but still quite happily taking your monthly subs!)

Theres been very little activity on oilbeefhooked.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ray & James,

Has either of you seen or heard of a list of ROV members or the number of ROV members in the RMT (or other…)???

Ray Shields
    Participant

No idea. I only know 4 other people who are in ROVs and in Uni0ns.
    1 in OILC, 1 in RMT and 2 in Unite/Amicus.

The poll on the homepage indicates 59% I think it was would join RMT, doesnt say if they have or not tho.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Ray & James,

Has either of you seen or heard of a list of ROV members or the number of ROV members in the RMT (or other…)???

I haven’t seen a list but I have emailed the RMT to ask them to indicate approximate figures and give some idea of what they are up to in respect of ROV.

Ray
    I am aware of a few people that are RMT members… so that must make about 8 people we jointly know of 😉

rovnumpty
    Participant

James

Hate to say I told you so.

But I will!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

James

Hate to say I told you so.

But I will!

I must have missed that…. told me what?

rovnumpty
    Participant

That the RMT wasn’t interested in ROV members.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar