ROV Union

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Andy Shiers
    Participant

And so 🙂 Would I 8)

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I would like to see a response from the RMT on this.

I’ll try and drag them into it….

I too wish they would be more proactive around here. We set up a forum for the Uni0n, I contacted them a few times by mail but although a response was forthcoming at the time the follow up has been pretty much n on existent and yet, as mentioned, there are a number of ROV people out there that could swell their coffers. I’m sure that would happen if only they could be seen to be active on the subject of ROV’s.

Lloyd Todd
    Participant

James,

This is a International site, but when the UK diver had there strike and improved there rate did not all divers around the world have there rates improved in some form.

I have been a RMT member for about 6 years, when i joined everyone was talking about it, having said that how many joined. (not many)
    Most did not wish to part with 10 pounds a month.

Now how many ROV people are in the RMT is the real question we should be asking the RMT and what are we getting for our money?

Im not really in favour with unions but if it worked for the divers it can work for us?

What about a closed shop?

Just thoughts, or how about every RMT member emailing them all at the same time asking them what they are doing for ROV people.

ok back to work,

Mad-dog

Bacaruda
    Participant

Good point MD, sometimes wonder why I pay £14 a month to the RMT. All i have to show is a nice diary and badge.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Good point MD, sometimes wonder why I pay £14 a month to the RMT. All i have to show is a nice diary and badge.

………..and a magazine about railways!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

As promised…. see below.

—–Original Message—–
    From: Webmaster – ROVworld [mailto:webmaster@rovworld.com]
    Sent: 22 July 2008 12:11
    To: ‘Alan Pottage’
    Subject: RE: RMT Update (ROVworld.com)

Hi Alan

Long time no chat.

I would like you to provide some input into a thread currently running at ROVworld.com on Uni0ns. Please note that in the Forum should you use the word Uni0n it would need to be presented as: Uni0n (use a zero instead of the letter ‘o’) This is a security measure on our site. It is scripting/hacker security and nothing to do with trade uni0ns.

If there was a time for the RMT to be seen to be doing something and sending information out as such now it is. People are restless about rates of pay & conditions so are looking for a solution via a Uni0n that is being seen as being proactive on their behalf.
    What is lacking is regular feedback from the RMT as to the progress being made on the ROV front… level of membership, discussions with companies, AODC etc.

Best regards
    James

James McLauchlan

E-mail: webmaster@ROVworld.com

************* http://www.rovworld.com ****************
    Please consider the environment before printing this email

OILC_neil
    Participant

Guys,

RMT and OILC have merged. OILC is now the offshore energy branch of RMT. We merged because RMT became aware that given the history of trade uni0nism on the N Sea, nothing was going to happen without OILC. OILC were impressed by the energy and determination of RMT. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

There’s a lot of valid issues raised by the guys in this forum. I can certainly address some of them and let you know how we organise. I can tell you a bit about the history of OILC and why we think you should join us. I’ll try and deal with any issues raised from here on in, and I’ll have a closer look at the posts so far and try and get a better feel for what you guys are thinking and what the real issues are.

OILC was set up by trade uni0nists in the wake of Piper, when the traditional uni0ns failed to act. Our only "aim" is to help offshore workers organise and protect themselves. All offshore workers are eligible and welcome to join.

I can send you electronic copies of our new branch bulletin, "Enough is Enough" if you send me your email address. I’ll post you paper copies if you want to take some on your installation. There’s been nothing about ROV in it as yet. You’re the only guys quallified to do that. I’d like to see that. Write a letter or article.

I look forward to discussing with you.

neil

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi Neil

Thanks for joining the Forum and introducing yourself as an appointed OILC representative.

I’m sure things may progress now that Forum members have an identified point of contact for Uni0n discussions.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar