Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Seeking advice?

Seeking advice?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Seeking advice?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Declan Avarl
    Participant

Hi there!
    Was hoping some of the experienced guys on the forum could give me some tips about getting into the ROV industry!
    I’m currently finishing my opito apprenticeship at schlumberger as an electronics tech, I’ve had offshore experience so I understand the environment but I’m interested in getting into ROV’s so was just hoping if anyone could give me some tips about getting into the industry?

Cheers guys!! 😀

John Bridgett
    Participant

Hi there!
    Was hoping some of the experienced guys on the forum could give me some tips about getting into the ROV industry!
    I’m currently finishing my opito apprenticeship at schlumberger as an electronics tech, I’ve had offshore experience so I understand the environment but I’m interested in getting into ROV’s so was just hoping if anyone could give me some tips about getting into the industry?

Cheers guys!! 😀

At the moment the best advice is to WAIT, not a good time but better times are on the horizon. Gain more experience on the electronics, especially comms related and read up and if possible gain Hydraulics experience. Get your CV professionally vetted and send it out every couple of weeks or so, follow it up with phone calls until somebody gives you a job.

IS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar