Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Self shooting CV?

Self shooting CV?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Self shooting CV?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Flymatt022
    Participant

Hi all

Is there anyone out there who could take a look at my CV please.

I seem to be getting nowhere fast, if I could just get an interview, then if I muck that up it’s all my fault. I’ve been applying for a while now with not one interview, I just need to know if I’m shooting myself with the CV. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Matt.

Richard
    Participant

Hi Matt,

If you dont mind spending a bit of money? Then take a look at http://www.craigcareerconsulting.net
    They have a CV review & CV re-draught service, it could be a very good investment?
    Good luck with your career!

Regards,

Richard 🙂

Steve
    Participant

good luck

Flymatt022
    Participant

Just to let everyone know whats been going on.

I’ve had quite a bit of help by pm and e-mail and the CV has chainged dramatically.

The first company that got the new CV has offered me a job! It doesn’t get much better than that. 😀

Thanks to those involved, you know who you are.

😉

MechTech, fara boots a comfay?

Or something like that.

Matt

Ray Shields
    Participant

Glad to hear it made a difference. Shows you how important a CV is, its first impressions and all that.

For the latest Fugro trainee intake, over 200 people applied, only 14 were interviewed.

It is always important to style the CV to suit the job being applied for.

K2
    Participant

Another top tip is to avoid using CV writing services or templates you can easily purchase. HR personnel receive hundreds of CVs at a time, they can see these type of CVs straight away. By all means use them for ideas but ultimately tweak them and make them unique and yours. They have to stand out from the usual run of the mill CV……

😉

Flymatt022
    Participant

One very important thing that I did was to allow myself to go to two pages. I had always been told only to do one page of A4. That might be OK if you’ve just left school and are trying to get your first job, but trying to fit fifteen years of experience onto one sheet just don’t work. Go for the second sheet if your in this situation; I ended up filling both sheets.

I went for the Fugro job and was one of the 186 that didn’t get as far as the interview. Looking back at my old CV I’m not supprised. As I said the new CV must be better as the first to see it has given me a job. I start in about 4/5 weeks depending on how long it takes to get a US visa.

Again thanks to all involved.

Matt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar