Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance setting up ltd company

setting up ltd company

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance setting up ltd company

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mishkin
    Participant

I am currently an Australian freelance surveyor working in North sea UK Sector. I am going through an agency payroll and didnt realise until recently that i am liable for UK tax even though i hardly set foot on UK soil. Anway what is the best way or people to contact to set up a ltd company in Isle of man or somewhere, so i can get paid gross, so see my full day rate. Any contacts would be appreciated. Cheers

Savante
    Participant

ordinarily I wouldn’t touch this one with a 6 footer. 😆

Des_b
    Participant

would that be a 6ft poo or barge pole? 😀

Savante
    Participant

if i could have found a big enough mallet or a food blender then it would have flushed ok?

Tax – look at recent law changes in the financial times regarding overseas bank accounts for people working in the UK. The only people who aren’t being forced to pay the retrospective taxes due are those owning swiss bank accounts.

Ltd UK company – Lots of hassle and darned red tape with potentially very little to gain financially compared to going PAYE. Unless of course you are really raking it in! I seem to work offshore to pay accountants and fund their mercedes benz fettishes!

deepseacon
    Participant

If you are looking for a LTD Company your agency should be able to supply ones but some Ltd Company’s pay monies differently now not all pay gross payments.

If you are looking Gross payments use this one below the cost is 5%

They are based in Isle of Man

If you have an enquiry relating to any of our services, or wish to discuss your accounting, relocation or business needs, you can contact Boothmans, Chartered Accountants as follows:

address: Boothmans, Chartered Accountants
    Millennium House
    Victoria Rd
    Douglas
    Isle of Man
    IM2 4RW
    Great Britain

telephone:
    fax:
    +44 (0) 1624 611926
    +44 (0) 1624 614985

email: bca@boothmans.com

Send e-mail to above stating you wish to Use a LTD company to get paid they take 5% but it is you who still lible for TAXES in UK if you choose not to abide by that then its upto you.

NOT ALL AGENCY IN UK WILL PAY USING ISLE OF MAN even though they use Barclays i think as there UK clearing bank.

A UK Based LTD Company this one deducts around 50GBP + a week
    Elkington@beijingdragon.com
    Liz Elkington
    Tel 01205310111
    No questions asked just give them enough details to send in invoice to agency and thats it and your Bank details

Both of the above will pay gross what you do later is upto you.

temp
    Participant

mishkin

Be aware that if using companies providing Ltd Company secretarial and accounting services packages taking a fee or percentage, that it does not absolve your legal responsibilities as a Company Director (unless perhaps using an ‘umbrella company’ scheme). You are still responsible for ensuring that the accounts are correct, and returns and other statutory documentation are filed on time, any tax and VAT is paid on time, various other bits of company legislation such as liability insurance, health & safety etc are complied with. Even if paying an accountant to sort most of this out, if they get it wrong it’s still down to you as far as Companies House and HMRC are concerned.

temp

Savante
    Participant

i second that. I try and make light about it, but "correct and upright" corporate governance is ABSOLUTLEY as important as your own personal safety on the vessel.

Spoke with beijing dragon – they don’t do it anymore unfortunately – think it’s to do with the new regulations – in the financial times. Liz left the company.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar