Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    effinreps
    Participant

Is it possible to set up a new section within the forums for discussing vessels/ rigs? As a freelancer in the current market I have no interest in working on a dump of a vessel/rig. So it would be nice just to check for any negative comments about a particular vessel before comitting to a job.

I don’t know what other users of this site think, but it would be great to find out before getting on board what sort of facilities are available (phone calls, internet, gym, food, cabins etc)

effinreps
    Participant

Forgot to say any info on the Toizer? Tozer? Perseus would be gratefully received thanks.

AMO
    Participant

effinreps,

Great idea. As a new comer to the industry it would be great to hear what others have to say about the next vessel you’re going to.

FreddyB
    Participant

Toisa Perseus is one of SClub 7’s construction boats.

http://www.subsea7.com/show_page.php?page_id=v_16

Was on there a couple of years ago in GOM
    Not a bad boat as these things go but not as nice as the Viking or some of the newer ones, good req facilities, good comms (internet, e-mail).
    Two of the oldest Hercules systems but they worked pretty well.

Seemed to be a a lot of internal politics going on with vessel people, ROV people and project people all trying to get the upper hand

It is due to work in some nasty areas of West Africa so make sure you are OK with this. I believe they are doing support out of their base in Angola and not crewchanging anybody through Nigera itself.

effinreps
    Participant

Thank for info on Perseus, I am not OK with Africa at all but the job is in Australia, August time apparently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar