Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Skatt for mat, tax for food

Skatt for mat, tax for food

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance Skatt for mat, tax for food

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

The good old Norwegian government seem to be a bit short of the old readies. I heard on board today that we will be taxed on the food we eat offshore, because it’s free and they see it as income.

Depending on your days and whether you’re on a platform or boat, you could end up paying between kr5000 and kr15000 extra in skatt each year.

Wonder if there will be a rebate if we send it back to them after we have ‘recycled’ it?

Just to put it in perspective, the oil fund in Norway has approximately kr850,000 per citizen and there are about 4,5million Norwegian citizens. NOPEF will be contesting it.

Anybody else heard about it?

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hei Baldrik,and all my old Norwegian workmates,
    This could change the lifestyle for a lot of us.
    Dont you think top skatt is enough for us allready.
    All the best for 2005
    shetlander 1950

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Well guys, if it gets passed as law, we will have to pay kr 68 a day in tax for food. I think the minimum will be kr 5000 a year and if you are permanently on boats as much as kr 38000 a year. B******s

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hei Mercedes
    Nope its true. Reason for paying more on boats is that the money you get when ashore will also be taxed. This is the seamans living allowance of about kr 1200 for each month you are not living on the boat.
    I don’t suppose it will affect the Brits working on the NCS. I would think they might have some problems getting you guys to pay up !!!! I would hope so anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar