Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Sonsub only want to pay 60% travel rate to West Africa

Sonsub only want to pay 60% travel rate to West Africa

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Sonsub only want to pay 60% travel rate to West Africa

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tak_Tahu_Lah
    Participant

Mate showed me an email he received from UKPS. Seems that Saipem UK (sonsub diviaion) are planning to stop paying door to door for guys working in West Africa.. They now want to pay only 60% for travel days.. Quite a paycut if you get 4 – 5 days travel every trip… Thought they were trying to encorage guys to go to Africa.. not put them off 😆

subseascott
    Participant

What was their day rate bonus for working in africa or have they scrapperd that as well? 🙄

Tak_Tahu_Lah
    Participant

Believe they were receiving an additonal 10% on their dayrate. Plus Sonsub employees get an additonal 50% on their loyalty bonus percentage..

All in all though, the door to door plus 10% was meant to make W Africa more attractive.. By introducing a travel rate (same as most other regions) They are creating one less reason to got to W Africa.. Off course some guys go for the girls not the money 🙄

subseascott
    Participant

Ha, ha, ha!!
    Each to their own I suppose 😮

luckyjim37
    Participant

Tell your mate if pushes it with UKPS that normally can be pushed up to 100% travel to anywhere when the travel is over 12 hours.

I would bet you a pound that they are getting full rate for the man for the day.

However why would he want to go there anyway.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

To bloody right !
    Why would anyone want to go to a shit hole like west Africa except for the money 🙂
    It is an experience , I grant you which Have some fond memories but mostly bad 😕
    If the ROV company is having problems in fullfilling a contract because their own personnel don’t want to go then they should pay TOP dollar for Mercenaries , Door to Door , All expenses paid and completely covered by the agents insurance 🙂
    At the end of the day YOU pay the Cyborgs in the Orifice their wages while YOU do all the dirty work !
    Charge them to the hilt 😀
    Happy hunting 😀

ROVSKI
    Participant

I believe it is UKPS that is trying it on. I am working for Sonsub through an agency and there has been no talk of 60 % for travel days. Stand firm. It is time for the tail to wag the dog. We have had our pay held back for too many years to let this sort of carry on continue. Door to Door pay or no play !!!!!

TheBaron
    Participant

Didn’t someone say that the agencies do their deal with the companies at the beginning of the year? If that’s the case, then it smells like an agency manoeuvre!

rovstuff
    Participant

That’s another reason for avoid West africa, it doesn’t matter who or why don’t want to pay full rate on travel days, If they go themselfs to do the job they will save a lot money too! 😆

luckyjim37
    Participant

I believe it is UKPS that is trying it on. I am working for Sonsub through an agency and there has been no talk of 60 % for travel days. Stand firm. It is time for the tail to wag the dog. We have had our pay held back for too many years to let this sort of carry on continue. Door to Door pay or no play !!!!!

Do you live in the UK and Where are you currently working??

David Grant
    Participant

Tak_Tahu_Lah,

So, did your mate end up going for the 60% travel rate?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Tak_Tahu_Lah,

So, did your mate end up going for the 60% travel rate?

Guys,
    I think that Africa, the whole continent in general, is off quite a few peoples places-to-work-lists. If they (the companies / agencies) are that daft as to start cutting / stealing the coins from the lads, then, more power to them and see how long the jobs / vehicles will last!!!

Don’t you think so Tak-dude? You still going there?

ROVSKI, well said.

effinreps
    Participant

UKPS at it again, ROVSKI is absolutely right. I have lost count of the jobs I have done through proffs on full travel and found UKPS guys on the same job on 50/60% travel.

Tell your mate to insist on full travel or he will not go, end of.

This really needs to be stopped, the agency who are supposed to be working for YOU, are lining their own pockets at your expense. It’s criminal. 👿

star
    Participant

scot your just a hammer head from the gulf of ol ye mexico… slippers and pipes brigade!! you moan if you cant get a ty-wrap sent out that day… now make that steak.. and coffee boy!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar