Home Forums General General Board Spencer Ogden does it again

Spencer Ogden does it again

Home Forums General General Board Spencer Ogden does it again

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JL Schnabel
    Participant

Well, as we’re all well aware, the market is so in our favour at the moment, so have a look at this posting that came up on LinkenIn ‘International ROV Operations’ group, and the appaling rates that are being offered ❗ ❗ ❗

😯

And you can be so sure there will be takers…

"ROV Personnel need for mobilisation 1st week of March, offshore Indonesia
    ROV Personnel with experience in the following systems required:

Seaeye Panther and Cougar, Quantum, Quasar and SeaRov. If you have experience in these systems please email me at will.blohm@spencer-ogden.com

ROV Pilots – $350-$400/day
    ROV Supervisors – $650/day
    ROV Superintendents – $750-800/day"

deepseacon
    Participant

could it be for kruez subsea?

Roy Simson
    Participant

From looking at the vehicles I would say its Hallin but who ever it is the rates are crap .

But I dare say someone will accept the it . Maybe working direct maybe the best way to go .

Good Luck

Raptor

Robert Black
    Participant

Not us. The rates are prohibitively high.

Northseahero
    Participant

With TS Marine paying US$1100, EMAS US$1000, and Canyon US$900 + bonus for Supervisors, those rates are a disgrace.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

With TS Marine paying US$1100, EMAS US$1000, and Canyon US$900 + bonus for Supervisors, those rates are a disgrace.

That exactly is my point ❗

Why is a London-based agency accepting such a contract then – they must be expecting / hoping Europe-based people to apply. Who would? The desperado… ❓
    For a change the market is so in our favour ❗

😉 😉 😉

T-Boy
    Participant

Are these the offered rates or is Spencer-Ogden taking too much of a cut I wonder 🙄 ❓

The sad fact is, and it grips my sh!t to type it, there are those with newly printed ROV certs that will jump at the chance to supervise, having had little or no experience just to get their feet under the table.

I am amased that they have the audacity to even place the advert in the first place on LinkedIn…what does it tell you about Spencer-Ogden ❓

Still, it makes all other agencies that we love/hate, look a darn site more attractive ❗

William Blohm
    Participant

I am Will Blohm, from Spencer Ogden.

Just to clear things up, with regards to Spencer Ogden’s cut, we work to a percentage mark up. So that means the higher the rate to the man, the more we earn, it being in our interest to get the best rate from the client that we can.

I know other agencies that take a lot more of a cut and pay contractors doing the same job, on the same vessel completely different rates. You probably work via one of those agencies now!

The reason why we work to percentage mark up, all Pilots that are working for the same client get the same money!

In this case the client actually stated to me that their pay for this particular set of vacancies would not be competitive, but what is to stop us advertising? The pay may not be right for you, but could be for someone else.

If a client says the rate is $400/day to the man, then that is the rate we have to work with.

I know rates are good in the market at the moment that is why I have positions at present for Supervisors at £520/day

Although we are based in London, we recruit internationally, so positions will not just be aimed at European based candidates.

Hope this clears a few things up

Will

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar