Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Stop all ROV work until Day rates are increased world wide.

Stop all ROV work until Day rates are increased world wide.

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) Stop all ROV work until Day rates are increased world wide.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    oilypipe
    Participant

Calling all brave ROV souls out there, I hear all this talk about unions and pay rates but nothing gets done? Lets for once be united like the divers last year and STOP all ROV work world wide and get the day Rates increased 25% across the board.

They are making a killing off us.

It’s time to stop talking and lets take action, Let’s pick a date and stop all work.

Regards
    Oilypipes

oilypipe
    Participant

To all person’s please just don’t read this and walk away voice your thought and opinions as we will all benefit from an all ROV work stoppage.

This is finally your chance to speak up and stop being the lowest paid profession in the offshore world.

Let’s all unite and pick a day where all ROV operations around the world will come to a Halt for a 25% pay increase to all ROV positions.

All ROV operators please support your employees when the time comes.

Regards
    oilypipe

R2D2
    Participant

Perhaps if I had real firm offer in the four months I’ve sat at home, I would just do that and definately turn it down.

So far everything has been pie-in-the-sky with circus companies unable to organise a party in a brewery.
    (These are the ‘Big-boys’. )

So, if a real offer comes in, I’ll just screw the house and the flashy car (they’re only material things) and tell ’em you-said-so!

Yes, it is infuriating that the office girls on-shore screw us out of just-deserved earnings……… The Clients are paying top dollar but we get crumbs. …….then again …. WHERE ARE all these jobs to turn down that you’re going on about?

Where was that you said we should post the wellfare claims?

oilypipe
    Participant

R2D2

We are not trying to tell you what to do but sometimes you have to sacrifice things to get whats coming to us. We technically have have to know allot more information than most offshore jobs yet we are currently getting paid less.

You say that you have been out of work for a few months? Must be by choice because the rest of us are turning down jobs from the agencies.

If you would like I could recommend a couple of place’s where you can find work?

Were not saying this work stoppage is going to start tomorrow, What we are looking to do is stop all ROV work just after the New year. Sometime around January.

We need everyone’s support in this effort to make the difference. Even the big ROV operator’s out there like SS7, Technip, Oceaneering, Sonsub, Canyon, Dofsubsea, etc. Please support and keep your personnel advised to when a stoppage start’s. You the companies will also benefit from this work stoppage, it translate’s in to getting higher day rates for personnel and equipment.

We will post on this website when the stoppage will occur. Everyone and anyone is free to make suggestions or comments.

Regards
    Oilypipe

oilypipe
    Participant

SAV, SGB

The both of you gentleman sounds like real company men perhaps office jockeys at best? surely the Price of Cigarettes and a pint of Aberdeen’s finest have gone up in price? So why shouldn’t our day rates?

Would you rather wait for Uni0n’s to step in a negotiate a rate for us and then have to pay Uni0n dues?

Also lads when I refer to "we" this means that yes there is a group of us spread out on system’s in the GOM, North Sea, Africa, Canada, The Med and Asia.

The idea behind "oilypipe" is that 10 of us all working in differents parts have the password. That way we can keep up on updating everyone on our goal of increasing everyone’s day rate to what should be the current level of pay for our highly technical ability.

Sav and SGB please support your lads offshore. Don’t worry the 25% increase won’t affect your office bonus or your back handers.

cheers

Oilypipe

oilypipe
    Participant

To All,

The letter below has been sent appox. 100 people all from the major ROV operators and Hiring agency and pubilications.

Regards
    Oilypipe

To All,

You might have been following our ROV work Stoppage Worldwide campaign on http://www.rovworld.com ? Please make sure the appropriate people read this e-mail as it could save allot of people any serious problems.

Now that we have your attention, we are a group of ROV workers who work for YOU. We don’t wish to disrupt business but due to the Oil Giants posting huge quarterly profits and the price of oil coming close to $100 US dollars a barrel, All ROV personnel have been getting ready for a Work stoppage all over the world on January 8th 2008. The ROV crews that will be offshore during this time will be encouraged not to launch there Vehicles until a 25% day rate increase for all levels. When all the ROV operators agree on paying there workers the increase please send us an e-mail to this address or you can make a public statement on your respective websites? When we have heard from all the companies involved ROV crew’s will be asked to go back or continue on with work.

For all the company’s that wish to reply through this e-mail address, your response will be posted on http://www.rovworld.com so your employees will be able to see what companies are in support of a wage increase.

The diving industry have done the same tactic last year successfully, you the ROV operator’s just have to pass this increase on to the oil companies. All of our focus is not on hurting you the operators but going for what we deserve to get paid. ROV workers need to be highly trained and skilled people and we should be paid accordingly.

A copy of this letter will be posted on http://www.rovworld.com so that all of your workers can see that "Oilypipe" is committed and serious about the up coming ROV work stoppage. The group "Oilypipe" is made up of 10 offshore workers and we all have the password to this account and we are all offshore operating your equipment, We have at least one guy on each of the major ROV operators example Sonsub, Oceaneering, Fugro, SS7,Technip, DOfsubsea, Canyon and DMT. We are spread out all over the world, this way we could spread the word more efficiently.

The other way for us to get the 25% increase would to bring in a Uni0n, like the Maritime Uni0n of Australia or RMT of the UK? None of us wish to take this route as it would cause more problems and hard feeling between the offshore workers and management, That way would also cost us allot more than the 25% that we are asking for.

Please send this Letter to all your systems and inform all your workers to obey the work stoppage on January 8th 2008, If the oil companies don’t agree to pay the 25% day-rate increase. This is also a good opportunities for all the operator’s to raise there equipment day rates.

Please support all of your workers if they are forced to carry out a ROV work stoppage.

Regards
    Oilypipe

Spacer
    Participant

As I can only speak for myself but am sure many may be of the same thoughts, you can surely count me OUT of your silly not too well thought out scheme. I have come to rely on good honest work, respect, and loyalty which has kept me employed and able to pay my bills and enjoy my life.

R2D2
    Participant

I might be wrong here …. seeing as I am only a mushroom…. but this is the way I always thought it worked;

The clients are willingly paying top-dollar for r.o.v. services. It is the ROV Operators who are denying a reasonable remuneration to the crews.

To be more accurate, it would be the Project Manager who would have been one’s buddy-comrade before promotion. Now his rear-end is in a vice because he has to meet budget / bonus…. thus no raise! The company is under pressure to post record earnings to the share-holders. The CEO has his priorities too. What would you do in this situation? No profit, no company, no system. Too expensive, no client. Catch 22! 💡

Striking on a Client’s costly project, to make a statement to one’s Employer, sounds very embarassing 😳 I believe motivation should be made to the Operating companies and not the Clients.

Knowing some of the ‘Company Men’ on some installations, I would expect a few systems to be switched out soon after the excersise, wouldn’t you?

Well, I expect that our budding politburo comrades will shortly enlighten me.

Good luck with the party 😕

Scab

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Shock 😯 amazement 😕
    I’m actually going to say ………………………………….. I agree with Yank ! 8)

TBAR
    Participant

I agree with Lostboy
    Although don’t know who Yank is?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Sorry 😳 There should have been an ‘A’ in front of Yank as in A Yank 🙂 Not to be mistaken for the letter ‘W’ subtract the letter ‘Y’ and end in the initials ER 😯

R2D2
    Participant

That was a tear of humble appreciation. Thanks fellas.
    Alas, I have to wait a few more years. Sadly, I am the scarred bastard-child of the Imperialist Colonist Racist Powers who dared to suppress the World! (Sounds good eh? … I must write to Bob Mugabe)

But, back to the topic, being from the dark continent of African for 46 years, I have borne vivid witness to the product of large numbers of missled ignorant people. All of them wanting more but having less to offer. Would this proposed R.O.V. action of Galactic proportion sound familiar?

Started 4 years ago as a slut in WA for $ 80/day. Our European comrades shrugged their shoulders at the pittance we earned. It meant more for ’em. We jumped at it like starved inmates. Cheap fodder for the machine.

I’m off to work today …. yippeee! Been home since September! Finally have a hitch … my question; Two years ago my day-rate was $250. A year ago my ‘rate was $475. It steadily climbed to $600. Today I depart at $ 670. Yes, I’d also like another 25% increase to pay toward the Taxes 😉
    Oh yes, the question; Do we invoice for the day on which all-and-sundry go on Universal Strike? Could you extend the strike if we feel we are enjoying our book or found a good website? Who gets a share of the movie royalties? All of us?

Okay, I’ve lost the plot …I don’t even like the job! Stuffit, I’m off to earn a living like all the other poor souls out there. No free meals here.

Adios,

The Scabb

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar