Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Subsea 7 no more door to door

Subsea 7 no more door to door

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Subsea 7 no more door to door

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Herman
    Participant

Looks like door to door will be cut as well. Was told that my flight needs to start at least 1600hrs, that gives me 8 hrs travelling and it will be paid.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Abso-effin’-lutely brilliant! Shaft got another 2" long.

DJansen
    Participant

Always said that if they don’t want to pay for my travel they don’t need me bad enough.. Time to look for another job.. Wonder how many of the office staff have got a company car ?

quaich
    Participant

Africa is an area they struggle to get guys willing to go to. Less so now but still a problem. Thats where the bullying comes in.
    It’s also an area like others where they see there long term future.
    Why do this and what on earth is going on in SS7 ?
    Surely better to make the Africa package more appealing not worse.
    Is someone or some people hellbent on bringing the company to it’s knees ?
    Might sound dramatic but if things continue they’ll be right in the $hite if guys let there feet do the talking.
    They may have tried to flood the market with new starts over the last few years but I don’t see them being able to rely on them alone. At least not yet.

Unless it’s planned between operators and this with all other expected cutbacks will be industry wide.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Interesting thread… but tell me, has there been anything official yet from SS7 yet, concerning this change in policy – any memo etc. ? 😯

Is it official ❓

Pat_the_Rat
    Participant

Heard rumours that SS7 is contacting the weather stations worldwide.

They want to start getting the crew changes done by weather balloons, it would be cheaper.

Might be the reason for trying to end the *Door to Door* payment. You never know how long it takes to get out to the job.

:tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn: :tdn:

K2
    Participant

They’re probably trying to cut costs to fund our Antipodean colleagues day rates: pilot tech £550 – Supv £750 although these should be standard rates worldwide……

I think they’ll get the message when they’re short of guys…..

😉

Anonymous

K2 , Take the tax off that figure & your back to the £420 sup level rate. Someimes the grass looks greener when actually its the same ball park 💡

deepseacon
    Participant

AsiaStallion.

Not all who work in the Aus Sector pay tax same like not all who work in Norway pay Tax and same goes not all who work in the North Sea pay Tax.

There fore the figure is what you get paid.

K2
    Participant

Stallion/ Deep

The S7 Aussies I worked with in Asia were paid in US$ and it was tax free. Granted where tax is involved then the rates should be higher.

😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar