Home Forums General General Board Test after website system upgrade

Test after website system upgrade

Home Forums General General Board Test after website system upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Test after website system upgrade

senior
    Participant

Working well!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

I have this:  on the upper left corner of every page of ROV World. Is it an entrance to an evil-management-derived-website? I’m afraid to try it!!!!

Brendan
    Participant

Me too and I am not mad on the intro page the font doesn’t seem as clear
    to read and it’s constantly jumping around……?

Toni Morgan
    Participant

Got the same problems. I have weird symbols at the top of the page jumping around.

iROV
    Participant

(: sɯǝ|qoɹd ou .ǝɹǝɥ ɹǝʌo ɯoɹɟ ʇɥbıɹ ||ɐ buıʞɹoʍ

James McLauchlan
    Participant

James,

I have this:  on the upper left corner of every page of ROV World. Is it an entrance to an evil-management-derived-website? I’m afraid to try it!!!!

Me too 🙂 No evil management derived website link……
    It’s purely there as a discussion point otherwise it would be very quiet around here 😉

It’s a template thing… I’ll have a look at it when I get some more time.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Got the same problems. I have weird symbols at the top of the page jumping around.

There are a couple of symbols to the top left but they are not jumping around from what I can see.

The latest post thing is different, but as we all know people don’t like change… Maybe it just needs getting used to. I’ll leave it as it at the moment and review it in a day or so…

You can now expand the latest posts as well as use the other jump to tools now added.

Ray Shields
    Participant

On the home page, the section with latest forum posts is only 4 lines in size and it appears to jump about, I assume it supposedly scrolling, and the box with the thread topic, spills over onto 2 lines with ~ ‘s between the forum section name and thread name.

Its very offputting.

Mark McGirr
    Participant

I agree with Ray. Don’t like it!

Pugwash
    Participant

Most of it seems to be working OK, but I can’t get into the thread I started yesterday regarding the Laying up of Bar Protector.
    What’s happened? Have Saipem knobbled the page??

Pugwash

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Most of it seems to be working OK, but I can’t get into the thread I started yesterday regarding the Laying up of Bar Protector.
    What’s happened? Have Saipem knobbled the page??

Pugwash

Saipem have no sway here…. the thread is alive and well.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

I’ve been having to refresh or reload a lot more the past 2 days – only on ROV World URL’s. Error msg comes up Can not load …….

James McLauchlan
    Participant

James,

I’ve been having to refresh or reload a lot more the past 2 days – only on ROV World URL’s. Error msg comes up Can not load …….

Thanks for the feedback. The new changes only went live late last night (less than 18hrs ago) so I’m not sure what that refresh thing is all about.

This was quite a major upgrade so there are bound to be a few glitches. I did test the upgrade on a local PC and all seemed to be OK, bar the text thing top left. I felt that was so insignificant that it was better to get the site live again rather than hold off until that was sorted.

The ‘latest forum stuff’ is just a different way of showing the info. The last block I was using failed as the code was out of date and not compliant with current coding standards of this system. I may hack the current block (or find another) that is not creating overheads such as scrolling through latest posts. I feel it’s quite a neat idea, but if people don’t like it then it will go and we can plod on with the old style static (aka less interesting) block.

I’ll also hack out the most prolific posters stuff as well.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I’ll also hack out the most prolific posters stuff as well.

When I get the time that is…….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar