Home Forums General General Board The Cost of Petrol and how it all breaks down

The Cost of Petrol and how it all breaks down

Home Forums General General Board The Cost of Petrol and how it all breaks down

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Only about a third of the cost of petrol at the pumps actually represents the cost of the raw material from which it is made – oil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15462923

In a nutshell (UK) – 8 November 2011
    Quote from the above article.

Well over half, in fact about 60%, of the £1.34 odd we pay for a litre of unleaded is fuel duty and VAT.

liddelljohn
    Participant

my dad filled up his car at shell old shoreham road in hove at 89p per litre today for Vpower 95 petrol

deepseacon
    Participant

Well its about time those huge fuel surcharges get removed from Airline tickets my pump price has gone down over 20% in last 4 months but I don’t see my fuel surcharge going down on my flights.

I am paying around 0.45 GBP for Litre of Diesel now.

Surely Jet fuel has gone down even if they Hedged it and paying more that’s there problem but the charge gets passed on to the customer so we are paying for there gamble!!!!! which went wrong.

Roy Simson
    Participant

Well like I said fuel prices are down but I just dont understand how a Marine Air ticket cost £300 more than a standard ticket on the BA web site .

Same Class , Date and Time and this was from Griffin in Aberdeen been using them for over 25 years and a marine ticket has all ways been cheaper than a normal ticket .

So I have no idea whats going on regarding air fares ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar