The Underwater center or SubNetServices

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Excableguy
    Participant

In another thread Mido Wrote:

hey gordon,can u please tell me if i have a chance to work for ur company after i finish my ROV pilot course in fortwilliam’s The Underwater Center on march,i’m a 23 years old egyptian electonics and communications engineer with 3 months experiance in exxonmobil as a field engineer and a year and a half experiance in a market leader ISP (internet service provider) in egypt as a field engineer too,please reply me back

There are other courses, Tafe Australia & GlobalMarine do courses. Cheaper than FW and for you Global is a lot closer.
    My opinion is that you are wasting your time. If you have the quals you state above then you can save yourself the money and just apply to the companies. Ray gave some good advice. Although he failed to mention that it may be worth your while applying for a survey Engineers position, that would get you offshore and from there transfer to ROV is possible, if you still want to do the dirty work.

Although with oil hitting rock bottom I would imagine companies will be laying off not taking on!! But all companies for sure will be looking to cut costs, so cheaper labour will be attractive.

mido
    Participant

i searched the internet for ROV courses held in TAFE , an i found nothing, can anyone please send me the exact website for itthat includes all the info needed to apply for it

Preid
    Participant

Youre wasting your time and money with training courses.

The two that I’ve been on only touched the tip of the iceberg. The one I sat before I gained employment didnt really help secure the job either.

Take onboard what Ray and the others are saying. Its solid advice.

If I had known what I know now back when I first thought ‘hey, ill give rov’s a try’. I would of worked my way to getting a HNC in hydraulics/electrics. I’ve spent the last three months getting trained up in workclass/hpu/winch hydraulic systems and fabrication. It has not been easy.

As for demand for trainee’s, the company I work for only took on 3 trainee’s instead of their usual 8 per batch.

deepseacon
    Participant

Ray why would i say Sapesco have ROV’s you think i just said it just to say it well you should keep up with the times and check your facts before you speak here aloud again you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!

You need to get out more!!!!!!!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ray Wrote:

Sapesco dont have ROVs but they do have offshore surveyors

Sorry Ol’ chap , Wrong there , They have Seaeye Panther plus , and Tigers , I worked with the Panther Plus this year in Turkey.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well I’ll just hush my mouth 😀 Tho if getting out more means working down in Egypt again I may stay at home :L

Excableguy
    Participant

Mido wrote

i searched the internet for ROV courses held in TAFE , an i found nothing, can anyone please send me the exact website for itthat includes all the info needed to apply for it

I googled "TAFE ROV" (with and without the quotes)

and for both I got a reference. Interestingly with the quotes the top item is http://www.globalmarinesystems.com with links to their ROV training, which also is recommended by those who have been there.

I would suggest that with your quals if you cannot find a link to TAFE on your own then I would give up and go and fix some networks in a business environment.

ROV’s need people who can think on their own

mido
    Participant

lol,buddy u just gave me the name Tafe Australia ,i typed it in google and it gave me nothin related to ROVs even when i added the ROV word to it,when i did a little bit more search i found that this is where the course is held "Challenger TAFE Fremantle",anyway thx again for it

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar