Home Forums General Industry News Updates & Discussions Thoughts for the future

Thoughts for the future

Home Forums General Industry News Updates & Discussions Thoughts for the future

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul Robson
    Participant

As we go past the halfway stage in the year, I have seen a slow season slow down even further. Smaller companies going under, and lager companies paying staff off . While 2015 has been bearable, do we think it will pick up in 2016? I’m going to say no. I’m fully expecting 2016 to be a complete write off with thing picking up in 2017. what’s everyone’s thoughts on what’s to come?

Roy Simson
    Participant

Until the price of oil gets above $70 USD there will be little change on the work front .There is work out but you need to dig deep for it .

As for next year I did hope that it was going to be the same as the 1986 recession when 87 was a good year however from looking at the current price of oil I think you maybe right .

It maybe a bit better than this year when there is requirements for Rov personnel I think they will require work class personnel like UHD , SMD and Perry vehicles . As for inspection jobs I think most of the projects will be put back till a later date .

The other thing is every body to trying to cut cost by hiring more locals and smaller crews and lower rates .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar