Home Forums General General Board Topaz Commander

Topaz Commander

Home Forums General General Board Topaz Commander

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Gyrohead
    Participant

Wondering if anyone here has worked on the Topaz commander. What is it like?

Anonymous

Ha! ha! 😆

Every agency lookin for guyz for dis job. No one want. Shit money, pay uk tax. Systems shit, very bad condition. Abused by rubbish pilot, many reterm, all trainee and little experiencd people. Any good guy avoiding.

If you go be it quiet or tar with same brush as guys there. Many kick off job already.

😆

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ex. driver – ya’ know, if a handle and attitude such as yours, how do we know that you hadn’t caused some of the damage? Your boss reads all of this dribble BTW….

Anonymous

Scott

It is wat happen. It is what it is. Wy you try make it diferent?

Ok, go on job an see.

My handle ED? Before I drive big bulldozer then appliance enginer.

🙄

deepseacon
    Participant

So is that contract one which you have to pay the 20% CIS Tax??????

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Wondering if anyone here has worked on the Topaz commander. What is it like?

That’ll be the greater Gabbard Wind Farm Project.

The Topaz is an old boat (over 10 years) brought in from the Middle East for the project. It’s packed to the limit accommodation wise. There is some (old) external accommodation out on deck.
    Internet access: There is Wi-Fi available.
    OMM are managing the project on-board. Modus are the ROV crowd. As far as I am aware Modus are not the best payers in town therefore not exactly fielding the best on the ROV front either.
    Fluor is the overall client.

The work is predominantly power cable trenching.
    The Trencher onboard is CT2 with a surface supplied extra HP hose added to the sub. The system stretches CT2 to the max.
    Plus there is a work class ROV onboard.
    Vis is pretty shit. Currents are strong. Water depth is around 40m.
    People appear not to be heading back for a second trip.

Read into all that what you will.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Scott

It is wat happen. It is what it is. Wy you try make it diferent?

Ok, go on job an see.

My handle ED? Before I drive big bulldozer then appliance enginer.

🙄

No thx E.D. – no need to see (not interested/wasn’t interested…) as I’ve heard more about the job.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Does Red 7 own it ?

Kalbo
    Participant

I’ve worked with 2 lads that have been on this project. Vessel is not the best, accommodation is containers on the back deck, wi-fi is intermittent at its best. They said Modus are fine to work for but can’t keep a regular crew at that time.

The rates I received through were £430 Supervisor & £475 Superintendent, this was around the end of June.

shetlander1950
    Participant

Accomodation crap, 4 man cabins , and if your not out on deck in the steel sheds then your inside in thruster alley 4 man cabin as well

Food much the same, not the best , not the worse

Wifi, well only one person at a time can log on

phone, crap

Quantum almost new but sat on top of the generators and pumps for the trencher. but was in very good condition in May now who knows

dayrates was crap hear now Modus are offering 500 direct, probably likely as none of use went back! Dont think Flour proposed offer of an extra 20 quid a day camw of everything think general consensus was they could ram it anyway!!!!

Good luck to them now trying to get guys as it is mobbed everywhere!!

Not one I would ever go back to, but I am a dayrating whore so for a substantial ammount that would make there eyes water I may consider it. briefly!!

tywrap
    Participant

Suprised it took this long to get a slating, worse job out there, Jack up in the mid East is better!!

Gyrohead
    Participant

Thankfully it is rather busy now, so will be giving this a skip then. Thanks for feedback.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I’ve worked with 2 lads that have been on this project. Vessel is not the best, accommodation is containers on the back deck, wi-fi is intermittent at its best. They said Modus are fine to work for but can’t keep a regular crew at that time.

The rates I received through were £430 Supervisor & £475 Superintendent, this was around the end of June.

Very crap rates Kalbo.

Kalbo
    Participant

Very crap rates Kalbo.

Ok, rates I was offered on email but declined I should have added…

Cheers…

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Very crap rates Kalbo.

Ok, rates I was offered on email but declined I should have added…

Cheers…

Cool… I hope most of the readers here understand the power of a comma in a sentence (re: your above reply)…

Be well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar