Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner trainee course

trainee course

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner trainee course

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    melvodon
    Participant

How do folks , just wondering if anyone on here has been on the trainee course with oceaneering in Aberdeen.I think it lasts 8 weeks im just wondering what exactly it involves as the info on their website is a bit sketchy .

Any help or pointers would be a great help

melvodon
    Participant

87 views and no reply 🙁

No matter ,i start the course on 30th oct ,handed my notice in to day at work and in 3 months time due to some very hard work i will have a staff position
    😀
    Right i got to get back to electronics course ,as thats my weakness

and er typing,er spelling er

Brochloon
    Participant

Melvodon

What do you want to know exactly? I did the course earlier this year you shouldn’t find it to be a problem, assuming you are from some sort of elec/mech/hydraulic background?

Just listen to what they are telling you, and take notes, there are tests at the end of each week – you do not want to fail any, trust me ive seen what happens to people that do!

If you are not local to Aberdeen you will be living in staff accommodation in Aberdeen with people doing the same course.

The trainees they are putting through recently are recieving their innoculations as part of the training and as a result most are being sent to West Africa so be prepared to travel!

There is a lot of information given to you but don’t be overwhelmed by it all and remember this – you will learn more in two weeks offshore, than you will in two months reading powerpoint presentations

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar