Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Triton XL training course

Triton XL training course

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Triton XL training course

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JonnieB
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve search and searched. Can anyone tell me where I can find a good Triton XL course. Been on many Triton systems but Companies want this XL training now. Any Ideas.

Thanks Jonnie

the only company that I know that do Perry vehicle training is…….Perry!!
    Never heard of companies asking for Perry training courses to get a job….
    I did the XLX course and I have nothing to prove I did it…
    Though its maybe stuck in the office filing system ๐Ÿ˜€

JL Schnabel
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† …I’ll second that, ๐Ÿ˜†

Good point raised JonnieB, more and more, top brass want to see that one has this certificate.

DJansen
    Participant

Once you have the cert does that mean you can apply for those 350 quid a day jobs recently advertised ๐Ÿ™„ When will they realise that a work class sub is a work class sub and that any decent ROV guy will be able to get his head around it in a very short time…

JonnieB
    Participant

When will they realise that a work class sub is a work class sub and that any decent ROV guy will be able to get his head around it in a very short time

Well said. How different can they be from other Triton’s?? Maybe someone else who actually worked on one can offer there expertise.

LNM
    Participant

Well lets see…Its a big lump of syntactic foam, alloy frame, electric motor, hydraulic pump, hydraulic thrusters of the owners choice and usually a rigmaster and T3/4 throw on a few subsea lights and a half dozen cameras……… Very similar to ooooh just about every other workclass sub.
    Most PTs can figure it out after a couple of trips. tell them if they really want a cert they need to put you through the perry coarse and if not tell them to poke it. ๐Ÿ™„

Topdawg
    Participant

A while ago I contacted Perry regarding the training course. This was the reply I got:

Thank you for your recent inquiry about training programs offered through the Deepwater Education Center.

At our state of the art facility located in Houston, Texas, students gain the in-depth knowledge and practical skills necessary to operate and maintain ROV systems. Course topics include Electronics, Fiber Optics, Hydraulics, and ROV Systems.

Attached is our current training catalog, which will provide information about our facility, courses offered, and pricing. Due to U.S. import/export laws, the training programs offered at the Houston facility are designed for current ROV customers and recognized business partners and, as such, are not available to the general public at this time.

We do have a sister company located in Singapore, Cynergetix, which offers similar ROV courses to students outside of the U.S.

(http://www.cynergetix.com/trainingschool.html)

Because Cynergetix is not subject to the same import/export restrictions, public enrollment is welcome. I have ccโ€™d Cynergetixโ€™ Training Manager, Dave Thomson, on this email so he can contact you directly with more information about their courses and pricing.

Thank you again for your interest!

With kind regards,

Deepwater Education Center
    Administration Department
    10642 W Little York Road, Suite 100
    Houston, TX 77041
    (713) 329-8710
    houston@deepwatereducation.com

The attachment was a general training program. I only highlight the cost section:
    Training Fees
    Center-based training is priced per weekly module at $2500 (USD) per student.
    The 4-week ROV Induction Training is priced at $10,000 (USD) per student.
    Space is limited to 16 students per training module.
    NOTE: We cannot reserve seats in a class without payment. Please ensure you have registered and paid for a class before coming to our training facility.

Good luck.

TD

JonnieB
    Participant

Cynergetix doesn’t have anymore courses. Only Subnet in the philippines. Thanks anyway!

hermawan
    Participant

cynergetix will open course in min june or july this year regarding, to dave thomson.

actually i have finish course in cynergetix singapore. for last year.
    PM to me then i will inform further regarding the course.

rover37
    Participant

Check out Bluelaguna.inc
    Carlos the owner is a perry authorised instructor. Works all over. you might be able to tag onto one of his courses somewhere

Chris Clark
    Participant

Since just about everybody at Perry-Jupiter is getting the sack effective 9/30, you might want to try dave.delater@perrymail.com. He is running the XLX training courses right now in Jupiter for DOF, who just bought 2 XLX’s.
    Dave has been w/Perry a long time and has no post Perry plans yet that I know of. Also, check out Triton Group’s VMAX….they developed the simulator for all Perry Rov’s. Another piss poor decision by Triton not to run training classes at the Houston facility. Maybe they will move that to the cow pasture in Kirbymoorside as well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar