Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance UK HMRC planning USA style worldwide taxation

UK HMRC planning USA style worldwide taxation

Home Forums General Financial, Tax and Insurance UK HMRC planning USA style worldwide taxation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

Saturdays Telegraph had a long article about accountants worried by HMRC and UK treasury plans to tax UK expatriate on a worldwide basis same as the yanks.

Mike Kidd
    Participant

And why not, If you want the benefits and protection of being a British citizen then pay for it like the rest of us

baglimit
    Participant

interesting point you raise flycatcher.

from an OZ perspective (and likely elsewhere) – during the latest bombing raids etc in lebanon of a few years ago came the cries of australian passport holders pleading to be rescued by the OZ govt. these people were passport holders thru the decision to grant lebanese refugees citizenship during the 70’s. these people promptly returned to lebanon at the 1st opportunity, to enjoy their former life. but once the bombing started, the passports were waived furiously. they were rescued at great expense, thru much media coverage.

citizenship of convenience.

Anonymous

Get a grip dudes!!

If you dont live in the counrty then why should you pay tax there?? I have a British passport and im payed from a UK office but i live in Thailand and spend less than 20 days/year in the Uk and your saying i should pay tax?? For what?? I get no benefits and cost the UK government nothing.

If i needed to pay Tax i would simply no longer work for a UK based company, im guessing many others would do the same, you dont live in the country you dont pay tax there, its not feckn rocket science.

Im guessing your stuck on a rig somewhere in the north sea pissed you cant get a real ROV job and your tax back, get some flying hours in and get a transfer…..ballbag!!

😀

Elvis
    Participant

The UK Government were also going to limit and control immigration into the UK too. Look how that ended up. Left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

Although, being at sea, I know what my right hand is going to be doing when I get off shift.

125 Gig of it too!

liddelljohn
    Participant

The UK Government were also going to limit and control immigration into the UK too. Look how that ended up. Left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

Although, being at sea, I know what my right hand is going to be doing when I get off shift.

125 Gig of it too!

Is that why you are so shaky on the Joystick when on shift?

Mike Kidd
    Participant

In answer the THEBHOY

I presume that you were educated in the UK, grew up in the UK and moved to Thailand because you have got a job that will pay for you to travel anywhere in the world so why not put back into the system for the next generation?

So my question to you is why have you not applied for Thai citizenship and if the shit hits the fan and there is a civil war in Thailand you wont be queuing at the embassy gates with your 14 year old girlfriend assuming that you are at least heterosexual. 😕

Anonymous

Im response to your statements Flycathcher i was educated in the UK and Australia, and i payed my taxes when i was in the country and my mother and father payed tax all throughout my school, years.

I would never run back to the UK if there were problems in Thailand, run back to what?? Ive been living outside the UK for 15 years, about 8 years before i was able to work offshore or be in this industry, a question for you?? Do you receive semens tax return?? If you want to make yourself really popular start spouting about taking away sea mens tax as well. I would rather weather a civil war in Thailand than be stuck in the UK.

Do you even get enough days in to claim your tax back or are you like half the guys on this site, part timers who like to read their own emails????

Spare me and the rest of the Expats your bollocks, if your outside the country and your paying your way in another country there i cant see how anyone can complain about not paying tax in a country you lived in 10 years before.

Oh, and thanks for pointing out just how stupid and small minded you really are with the Thailand comments, dont worry when you get a passport im sure the agency will get you on a rig in Nigeria.

Peace dudes.

8)

Mike Kidd
    Participant

Surrender your passport then, we wont miss you

mike hunt
    Participant

Well said The Bhoy 😉

The pie catcher is a ballbag, who wants to pay tax if you can get away with it?????

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar