Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) UK Offshore companies sign new 3 year RMT Divers agreement

UK Offshore companies sign new 3 year RMT Divers agreement

Home Forums General Union Information (General Discussion) UK Offshore companies sign new 3 year RMT Divers agreement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

It’s Official – Yes, you read that right!

The new three year agreement is to apply from 01 Nov 2009 to 31 Oct 2012

Signatory Companies are:

• Acergy
    • Helix Well Ops
    • Integrated Subsea Services (Guernsey) Ltd
    • KD marine
    • RGB Limited
    • Subsea 7
    • Technip

I would love to publish the agreement out in the open, but the recently tamed legal side of my nature suggests that it might not be wise however I will add:

One or two of the above companies, having signed the divers agreement, are currently known to be replacing UK sourced ROV trainees with cheap foreign ROV labour. Needles to say they will not be replacing UK divers with Filipino divers on cheap rates in the UK sector. Why might that be?

So, on the one hand, the divers are secure (for the next three years at least) and on the other, ROV have no idea what the future holds…. I wonder why that is then?

Now, could someone please tell me why ROV people shouldn’t be joining the OILC branch of the RMT with the aim to become a party to a similar agreement for ROV?
    Would you like to know what your day rate might be for the next three years?
    Knowing rates for the next three years, accompanied with a plethora of conditions and benefits has to surely be some where up the desirable list.

The full agreement can be viewed on the RMT-OILC EiE Forum under the Divers board at http://www.nokernok.com/
    You need to be an OILC RMT EiE board member to access it.
    All OILC EiE Subsea Vocation board members have automatic access.
    Enjoy!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

C’mon you N. Sea (ROV) Tigers!!!! Put your bite where the growl is!!! And RMT OILC, please get some more PR out to these guys…

Anonymous

C’mon you N. Sea (ROV) Tigers!!!! Put your bite where the growl is!!! And RMT OILC, please get some more PR out to these guys…

Hi
    That’s what needed i think, we hear something every 6 months from the uni0n then it goes quiet again for 6 months until someone here talk about it again and the a few words from the uni0n and then silence again, let’s hear how many signed up so far, don’t keep people in the dark. I will sign up at some stage IF it could help people only working Far East, Don’t do North Sea any more, too old for that shit…Me think we make more money out here than in the North Sea it use to be the other way around, is it the people out here there is better to do the talking to the office people about day rate??

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

That’s what needed i think, we hear something every 6 months from the uni0n then it goes quiet again for 6 months until someone here talk about it again and the a few words from the uni0n and then silence again, let’s hear how many signed up so far, don’t keep people in the dark. I will sign up at some stage IF it could help people only working Far East, Don’t do North Sea any more, too old for that shit…Me think we make more money out here than in the North Sea it use to be the other way around, is it the people out here there is better to do the talking to the office people about day rate??

Don’t forget that the pound is at one of it’s miserable lows… Remember when we were getting the equivalant of (up to) US$960.00 / day a couple of years ago?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

People

This is not a union website so no complaints about lack of updates here please. I add stuff when I can, but please bear in mind that I am not a union organiser. When I get stuff that is for the public domain I will add it.

These days the OILC branch of the RMT (for Offshore energy workers) has a whiz bang discussion forum at http://www.nokernok.com
    There, you can read the monthly edition of the EiE bulletin which does indeed give updates on what the branch is up to. It’s available for public access. The next one is due out soon. Last months is still there to read.

From a non member perspective rather than it "going quiet for six months" you might wish to consider that monthly is a more appropriate statement.
    Bearing in mind of course that the monthly update only applies to non-OILC-RMT members.
    All paid up OILC-RMT members have complete access to the OILC EiE Forum and are party to developments as they happen in real time. These are people that have made the decision to join and paid money for the privilege. Therefore are entitled to read such information and have direct input on their future.

I like Mercedes (old ones as they are cheaper ;)). I am a member of the Mercedes club UK public forum but not a member of the MB UK club. I do not receive club information and updates. This seems logical to me. Therefore, as a non member, I have not complained in the forum that I don’t receive club information. Now if I was a club member and I wasn’t receiving updates that would be another matter and worthy of complaint.

I’m not getting involved in the RMT numbers game. That is for RMT official organisers to divulge. Suffice to say, I do add updates on the EiE bulletin board member numbers via another factoids post in this board. From that you will note that there are almost 70 ROV EiE forum members. This means that I can say with certainty that there are 68 ROV OILC RMT members. However, it is not an automatic sign up process so you must manually sign up, so there are likely plenty more ROV RMT members that are not yet EiE forum members.

On joining the RMT none of the above people needed to know how many ROV people there were in the RMT. They just joined and got on with it.
    If there was just one member, would you join or would you wait until there were plenty of members and join then?
    If everyone took that approach there would be no members ever!

As someone quite rightly pointed out in another thread….. Why would you not join the OILC branch of the RMT and help work towards the type of agreement that the divers have?

The cost is nothing, compared to annual income, but by joining together collectively the rewards may be far greater.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

James,

Yes, the monthly newsletters are very informative as well as the OILC forum. My previous suggestion deals with a more public PR promotion for some ROV folks that may not read the above.

And by the way, thanks for your time for posting updates for this subject.

Anonymous

Hi to all.
    Good to hear that UK Offshore companies sign new 3 year RMT Divers agreement. It will be good agreement. Hope for its good future. Hope it will be in benefit for the people.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar