Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? What next for Fugro???

What next for Fugro???

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? What next for Fugro???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bacaruda
    Participant
    Ray Shields
    Participant

Remembering though that it is made up different divisions. Most of the losses have been by Geoscience, ROVs used to be part of Survey division but are now a division in their own right.

John Bridgett
    Participant

Remembering though that it is made up different divisions. Most of the losses have been by Geoscience, ROVs used to be part of Survey division but are now a division in their own right.

If they got rid of their Achilles heel, the FCVs they might do ok.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I suspect FSSL has performed well overall as there has been mention in the press of Fugro increasing it’s subsea IRM capability going forward. It’s the other divisions that have been tanking from what I can gather.

Damian McCormack
    Participant
    phil
    Participant

Maybe this is why theyre charging rov applicants thousands of dollars for the ‘possible’ opportunity to gain employment

Ray Shields
    Participant

You are talking specifically about Fugro Middle East who are now selling their ROV training course, same as Subnet, Fort William, etc.

Except there is a chance if a job at the end of the course with them.

Damian McCormack
    Participant

A bit more positive then previous report.

Fugro Looks to Discuss Subsea Partnership, Shares Bounce

liddelljohn
    Participant

Fugro ME called me last week asking if i would Supervise a panther for 8 weeks for $700 a day in Qatar

told them to suck on it , last time i worked for them it was a total mess ,, bad food ,bad attitudes , and bad equipment , no spares no backup a horrible company .

Roy Simson
    Participant

This has been going on for years its funny in a way because they have lots of work on but they will not pay the going rate .
    But the office staff do get very upset when you tell them that many other company’s are paying more for Supervisors .
    Who remembers when Neptune were paying $1000 USD for Swift Supervisors in the Middle East .

Due to the fall of oil prices I think day rates will drop and more ways to save money will be found like cutting the size of crews . Which bring us back to the first question that agency’s will ask you " Whats Your Rate " Even before they give you any project details .

Raptor

Bacaruda
    Participant

Not good news for the Fugro guy’s this morning 🙁

Savante
    Participant

what do you know bara?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Fugro subsea in Aberdeen announce that due to market conditions they are planning on reducing their vessel and ROV fleet as well as approximately 95 redundancies of staff, both onshore and offshore.

Savante
    Participant

eurgh.

Peter Measures
    Participant

I heard Boskalis are trying to buy Fugro’s subsea division, as they already own a good percentage of Fugro shares.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar