Home Forums General General Board What Should Trainees Be Taught?

What Should Trainees Be Taught?

Home Forums General General Board What Should Trainees Be Taught?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    TheBaron
    Participant

Anyway, I will do my best to change some attitudes. If any one wants to offer any advice, I’m more than willing to take in on board.
    SB

Talk about misunderstanding a guy! This guy(SB) is merely stating that he knows the score, and that he will make an effort when he gets on the scene, i.e. he will not conform to the stereotypes that some of us dinosaurs have.

Read the context before shooting off. If you can’t grasp it, then don’t reply!

💡 Hmmm, I wonder what stereotypes our newbies have of us?

Anonymous

I for one wish you all the best,
    The hardest thing you will find will be trying to work out what is complete bullshit and what is genuine good advice, as there are many imposters in the game who are scared of any fresh talent coming in and showing them up.
    Just keep your head down read the manuals and do your best, you will be fine, belive me it is not rocket science some people would just like you to think so,
    All the best

Anonymous

What a bunch of sad individuals most of you are, give the trainees a chance, for F**k’s sake
    I am on with a trainee at the moment who has a chief eng’s ticket and could most likely lose most of you bunch of chimps but he is still on paper a trainee, keep up the deception guys some people might even believe the job is hard,

oldhand
    Participant

mrv5fan, not long a trainnee yourself?????

Anonymous

Quite correct Hairy Palm only been doing it for, let me think, yup 11 years now, by your reaction you must be in the inner sanctum of Ray’s sex pest club are you?

oldhand
    Participant

nope fraid not,

oldhand
    Participant

I am on with a trainee at the moment who has a chief eng’s ticket and could most likely lose most of you bunch of chimps but he is still on paper a trainee, keep up the deception guys some people might even believe the job is hard,

this may be controversial but

1 word

operations ,

if you don’t have this experience your a trainnnee cos thats what the job demands. not because we don’t like or want them
    electronics are electronics good guys in this field can transfer knowledge easily as in hydraulics, however, ask him to fly around 2 x downlines watch for a second rov, grab onto a crane wire and hook up a load and control the load whilst being lifted, then the test comes. some can grasp it quick some can’t. good luck all

Andy Shiers
    Participant

let me think, yup 11 years now

So you’re a trainee then !
    You ain’t been doing it long . 😯
    You still got a job ? 😆

Anonymous

I take it your Handle refers to your navigational lack of skill or perhaps it is the manuals as well or even getting around the deck,
    The fact that my comments have annoyed you show one thing that you are in the inner sanctum of Ray’s gang so I have no other choice but to assume you are indeed a gimp,
    Quite frankly Sir I don’t like the cut of your Jib!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

So , What did Ray DO to you that has you upset then ?

Allegedly
    Participant

To whom it may concern, to wit, TheBaron,hereby referred to as the party of the second part, We Messers Sue,Grabbit and Run have been instructed to act for our clients, the accomplished waffling bull shitter and disgusting smoker, the Less than Honourable Allegedly and various Ledges,(plastered and unplastered), here to after to be refered to as the party of the first part and various yet to be decided othere parts and bits.
    At the request of the party of the first part, we formally accept the comments by our esteemed collegues acting on behalf (and probably making a bloody fortune!)of Mr/Mrs/Ms TheBaron. He was quite right to point out I, the party of part of the first part had not attended the social gathering known as the Pink Floyd Concert and I,the party of…..fuck it, cant keep this up… need to get a life..
    Baron, thanks for the grin. Only claim to fame, used to work as a roadie and did the Rolling Stones gig in the old Berlin Olympic Stadium, excellent but would have preferred to do the Floyd gig anytime!! Sitting on the ledge, if it had no objections, your honour , and did not involve children and non consenting animals.

Des_b
    Participant

the Baron wrote:

Idea Hmmm, I wonder what stereotypes our newbies have of us?

Well, to be honest the language cant really be printed of what we think,but I can see it from both sides. The guys offshore dont want to be lumbered with complete nuggets and sometimes the people in the office dont bother reading between the lines-degrees dont mean good workers or common sense.

However,I am a newbie and like SB Ive also done the course at Fort Bill. I found the course to be worth it. I have common sense (which is probably why I dont have a degree!) 😆 Anyway I can almost guarantee that if you end up with a newbie who used to military you wont have a problem.Unless of course they were RAF…Ive never seen one working..hehe! We want to learn and I appreciate that it is difficult if not nigh on impossible to teach people when you are offshore you just dont have the time.

This is a topic where there will always be disagreement. The new trying to get in and the old not wanting to let them. If someones bad at his job-tell him. Lay down the law before the job starts, tell them what you expect. That way if he is a lazy Sh*te hes got no one to blame but himself. And that goes for all not just the trainee.
    By the way Allegedly, wheres the gimp party Ill bring my respirator and NBC gloves…..I like rubber!!!!!!

Seriously though, I read all your points and take them on board. I hope all the rest do too as It will make everyones life easier.

😈

Des_b
    Participant

AAAAh Feck
    If only I could use a computer!!!!

TheBaron
    Participant

That’s fine, Des_b. Just press the edit button above your post then cut and paste the end-of-quote syntax to where the quote ended.

Allegedly, 😆 no small claim to fame that in my books. I did 3 Division Bell concerts in three nights(Hamburg, Hamburg and Hannover)! Sad bastard or what? Oh, and learned what that funny smelling ‘tobacco’ smoke was, too boot!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

That was someone burning the back of your head 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar