Home Forums General General Board Whats going on here?

Whats going on here?

Home Forums General General Board Whats going on here?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter Measures
    Participant

How come this site is becoming a marketing platform for UGG boots and removal services. Come on Admins, delete this crap and get the site back to what it should be, an information exchange and industry discussion! Rant over. 👿

JL Schnabel
    Participant

…could not agree more ❗ 😡 ❗

Amanda
    Participant

SO sorry everyone. I was away for the weekend, and just saw these UGG posts now. I have deleted and suspended the spammer’s account.
    If you see any further issues please PM me.
    Again, sincere apologies.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Thank you Amanda

8)

Ray Shields
    Participant

The admins accepting new users on here need to scrutinise applications.

I’ve just deleted the latest batch of Indian packer messages from someone were a random name and number combination with a completely different random name and number combination email address.

I’ve also seen 3 applications all with the same ip address, people saying their location is London when their ip address said they were in India, it takes a few seconds to check and drastically reduces the spam.

Glevum
    Participant

I have joined several forums where as a new member my first few posts have to be approved by a mod before they appear on the site.

Is it time to adopt this policy here? I know it is more work for the mods, but it should make it easier to suppress the spam.

Ray Shields
    Participant

I have joined several forums where as a new member my first few posts have to be approved by a mod before they appear on the site.

Is it time to adopt this policy here? I know it is more work for the mods, but it should make it easier to suppress the spam.

This is how it works on here as well, you can’t post unless approved.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

This time it is ~Chandan~ gracing us with his *moves*

😯 🙁 😥

Etienne Demers
    Participant

Food for thoughts guys. This is a free forum. I’m sure the admins are doing what they can.

Validating manually is likely too time consuming.

I personally am more annoyed about all the "I’m new to ROVs, how can I get a job?" posts.

😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar