Home Forums General General Board Which Rov is overall the best for most tasks/jobs

Which Rov is overall the best for most tasks/jobs

Home Forums General General Board Which Rov is overall the best for most tasks/jobs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    star
    Participant

Thought be interesting to see which Rov is thought or classed as the best through out the industry? see the different opinions. also to have something relating to this site for a change ..
    to all those that get wound up sp easily 🙂

rovnumpty
    Participant

Magnum or Millenium….

Ha Ha.

That’ll be right.

Ttiton XL or Innovator (which is just a really big XL)

System I least like working on though has to be an MRV, cause no bugger knows what makes them tick anymore.

star
    Participant

dont know anything about magnum etc, but MRV was ok. Dsnd has or had an interesting system the stealth.. is a workclass. has a highttec pilot chair.
    Canyons quest is very nice, touch screen consoles, everything electrical. the thruster is designed so that if rope etc gets caught it dont get snagged up and bugger the thruster.
    there is alot of them out there.

rover37
    Participant

At Last a sensible subject for a change.

Anyone got any comments on Quantums

Despite what Ray will say MRVs are a bit overcomplicated and very few people really understand them.

My favourite vehicle was the Smartjet 1150 trencher. A real beast of a machine and a pleasure to operate. Last heard of rusting away in the middle east unless someone knows different!!

star
    Participant

speaking of trenching, sonsubs flexjet 2 is a nice vehicle, got triton software etc . handles well also. even the sea-eye are good fun.. apart from a sprint!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Magnum or Millenium….

System I least like working on though has to be an MRV, cause no bugger knows what makes them tick anymore.

PfffT! Speak for yerself 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

Despite what Ray will say MRVs are a bit overcomplicated and very few people really understand them.

My favourite vehicle was the Smartjet 1150 trencher. A real beast of a machine and a pleasure to operate. Last heard of rusting away in the middle east unless someone knows different!!

Gosh you know me so well 😀

Its just too complicated for you old fogies! Anyways, I wouldn’t say it was the best all rounder. I think that award has to go to Triton XLs.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Gosh you know me so well 😀

Its just too complicated for you old fogies! Anyways, I wouldn’t say it was the best all rounder. I think that award has to go to Triton XLs.

I think I’ll second that Ray – they’ve been tested, tried, and true (XL’s that is…)

star
    Participant

I remember now, it was a triton xl system flexjet 2 is.. basicaly the softwear etc is based on triton xl. with great bloody catipillars on it and the trenching system. so maybe it might be all agreed Triton xl are the best or not?
    8)

Stephen Black
    Participant

you just cannot beat the good old scorpio based systems ❗

easy to fix
    easy to fly -cant beat the twin sticks and rubber bands, if still fitted
    easy to add extra contols to
    big pods make it easy to work on
    used them in all sorts of configurations from inspection to trenching
    They rescue Russian submarines, what other ROV has done that ?
    No software bugs
    need more power -fit a bigger motor
    need more channels -fit a bigger mux mother board
    need an extra TCU or HCU – put it on
    try doing most of these things to the newer ROVs -not a chance

rigboot
    Participant

The older Centurions were good and even the Pioneers were good for their time.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

you just cannot beat the good old scorpio based systems ❗

easy to fix
    easy to fly -cant beat the twin sticks and rubber bands, if still fitted
    easy to add extra contols to
    big pods make it easy to work on
    used them in all sorts of configurations from inspection to trenching
    They rescue Russian submarines, what other ROV has done that ?
    No software bugs
    need more power -fit a bigger motor
    need more channels -fit a bigger mux mother board
    need an extra TCU or HCU – put it on
    try doing most of these things to the newer ROVs -not a chance

Also very good. From the first Scorpios up til, say, Explorers (most Sc – based vehicles after EXP became down-sized and a real pain to work on) Loads of room to work with, less Cg, MED CLASS work vehicles. Re EXP: Anyone besides 2 companies I know still use the clumky Kodiak 7F??

rover37
    Participant

Still no comments on a Quantum. I know there are not many about but there must be someone out there who can give a bit of info!!
    TS Marine are supposed to be having two. Do they have them yet??
    And before you ask no I dont want to work for TS Marine. Its the Quantum I am interested in.

Ray Shields
    Participant

They have a Quantam over here at BUTEC for torpedo recovery but never worked with it. Hallin Marine also have a few now as well.

star
    Participant

I had a few stints with stolt and i think there SCV are good. if they in good condition , and looked after. they are excellent for construction. drill support and survey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar