Home Forums General General Board Why is everything so personal all of a sudden.

Why is everything so personal all of a sudden.

Home Forums General General Board Why is everything so personal all of a sudden.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    luckyjim37
    Participant

So heres the thing I like a bit of banter most people do. I like to take the mick with the best of them and wind up ex-pats who do not pay tax and then slag off the glorious country I choose to live in.

But why has that now gone to the next level with personal attacks on people starting.

Everyone has a grumble with someone who they have worked with but is a website really the place to air a grievance????

Oh yeah and why does Tigger stink Because he plays with pooh

polo
    Participant

Hi there,
    I was out of the JOB for a few years and when I returned all had changed,look after yourself ,wife etc and stick to your job, — you know best!!
    Have just completed two contracts and the guys I worked with dont represent the whole world, they seem to be too conceited and talk all the time about their wives —– I know them , have fun taking the pisss while the cabbage is offshore or at home,,,,,dont even bother for the prats to try to get you down
    YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF THE BAR , BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE BAR OUT OF A GIRL (Circa 1987) If I lived with one of these monsters I would surely kill myself. All can be good in S E Asia ,just take your time, many ladies are loving and honest and work is available, only ignore the prats and do yourself good.

NLS
    Participant

As a new member to the forums there does seam a little excessive flaming occasionally. but I do believe there is nothing sinister behind it.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I can see your point on the thesis , Polo 🙂
    To theorize why the Male side of the Human species could degrade the opposite sex 8) To Denigrate the Female so , is to be ignominous 😯
    And there for will upset the Status quo of our planet 🙄
    I agree with what you are saying on most points but I feel they maybe conjecture though 😯

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hey Polo,

How’s the forest?? That Bar out of…was a "Trinkism" I think wasn’t it? I don’t give a hoot! It was a good read every Friday!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Why, oh Why, has it come to this??

Years back when we started our first Forum at ROVworld it was about people helping each other and having a bit of a laugh.
    Over the last few years there has been an element creeping in that seem tough enough to only get their point across behind an anonymous username and not able to sort out their grievances face to face with the people that seem to piss them off.
    That’s a bit sad to me but, one thing for sure, is that this Forum was not set up as a personal slagging venue for those weak minded individuals.

Despite being asked not to, some individuals still insist on slagging other members off but, as such, warnings will not be issued any more.

Any abusive posts, and the connected user account, will be deleted in favour of trying to keep the house more pleasant for our members whom are looking for genuine place to discuss ROV related life and not be reduced to reading childish flame wars.

If an abusive alias’s IP address is linked to another account, then that username will also be deleted without question.

I would like to mention that (once) another member threatened physical violence in a post to one of our members on one of our other Forums.
    Not only does this violate our Forum rules but it’s against the law.
    As it was obvious (by the IP address used) that he had used a company internet work station to purport the abuse his company office management were contacted with a suggestion that they may wish to inform the local police of the threat. The company did not wish to keep the person in their employ based simply on what they had written. He was fired within hours.

Slag anyone off and the posts will be deleted along with the account. The IP address may be blocked from future access to this website and if need be the authorities concerned may be informed.

If you feel, at any point, that someone has verbally attacked you or another member via this Forum please let the Forum admin know and we will act accordingly.

T-Boy
    Participant

It did get a bit spiteful all of a sudden…
    At least MC is on the case when it comes to moderating and nips it in the bud.

Sign of the times..easier to bitch using a keyboard with no guts, rather than sort it out like a rufty-tufty o/s tiger.
    Some of the other BBS’s I use get horrendous at times, and have been shut down, restarted and lost completely due to individuals actions.

Best policy…ignore the posts completely i.e don’t feed the fire.

Polo – Shame you bumped inot some real lowlifes. I have worked in Asia for nigh on 9 years and very rarely do you find prats…they usually get weeded out pretty quickly.

Back to my SML… Mmm <slurp>

rovbionic
    Participant

it is a shallow mind that threatens over a wind up……come lads lets get back to some constructive subjects like better day rates and work conditions.

James has other things to do than baby sit .

luckyjim37
    Participant

Good to see everyone is in agreement I was quite annoyed yesterday with the amount of abuse one user was using. I know who he was pointing the abuse at and although the person is not top of my christmas card list he is someone who knows the job well and usually knows what is going on within the company.

I just did not see the point of it surely we are all educated in the English language enough to be insulting eloquently or are we??

polo
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    returned from a pretty sad trip to Khao Yai, all the resorts have gone downhill and the lady wasnt too impressed. Nice to see the usual banter going on, could not do much e-mail lately as my copy windows died, as supplied by CARREFOUR. Spent 3,000 baht to get a real certified copy and can now return to normality. Life is still good here and one short trip before Xmas would go down well, must check all my e-mail now and good luck to all .
    polo.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    returned from a pretty sad trip to Khao Yai, all the resorts have gone downhill and the lady wasnt too impressed. ……………………………………..
    polo.

Hey Polo,

The way I see it is that there are many other parts of the country that are in the same state. Sad… Call me a pessimist but bring on the election…

Anonymous

Hi
    Ohh my Buddha dont want it to be tourist time again, so nice here untill we hit Nov.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Hi
    Ohh my Buddha dont want it to be tourist time again, so nice here untill we hit Nov.

Drink to that dude! Nastrovia (sp)!!!

liddelljohn
    Participant

I am also in Thailand , Pattaya been here 12 years seen many changes , most for the worse , a few things improve , but the Thais never really change , they all have a mediavel mentality full of serfs and superstition.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I am also in Thailand , Pattaya been here 12 years seen many changes , most for the worse , a few things improve , but the Thais never really change , they all have a mediavel mentality full of serfs and superstition.

Dude,

Pattaya IS NOT Thailand and "When in Rome…."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar