Home Forums General General Board Winter Slow down ??

Winter Slow down ??

Home Forums General General Board Winter Slow down ??

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

Nice 🙂

James McLauchlan
    Participant

"UK Based" What bollocks its a global industry and if you cant find work outside the UK then you dont deserve it.

It’s not ‘Bollocks’ as you so eloquently put it. There are many people that work for UK based operators as employees and as a result get to work mostly in the North sea i.e. as and where their company sends them. Sometimes they are sent to the Med or Africa.
    They do not have the option to find work overseas in the winter if they continue to be employed by the same company. However, they do have the option to leave and go agency but may choose not to. It’s a lifestyle choice, but that that doesn’t make them a ‘Tit‘ nor does it mean that they ‘deserve‘ to stay at home.

David Cornock
    Participant

I might have wrong end of the stick here but please tell me, who are these companies that only have work in the North Sea?? As far as im aware most of the big players and indeed the majority of the small players have projects worldwide.

And if these companies really do have work only in the North Sea then surely its time to move on?? The original poster boy was worried about being stuck at home…….my point being there is plenty of work out there with companies that no longer have only work in the NS, and by the way i have been with UK based companies the whole time i have worked offshore and have not missed a beat, maybe if the dudes company has no winter work its time to move on??

Peace dudes.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Nothing wrong with taking time off!!!

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I’m Working 🙂 …………………… Must be very lucky 😀

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I’m Working 🙂 …………………… Must be very lucky 😀

Or werkin’ too much!!! 8)

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Marriage and expensive hobbies………………… Or is it Expensive marriage and a hobby………………..haven’t worked it out yet 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

There’s always West Africa and I here Sapesco are needing Decent pilots 🙄

dandydon
    Participant

…..Sapesco are needing Decent pilots 🙄

hahahahahahahah
    aren’t they alwiys…

joeboy
    Participant

Even the North Sea is far less seasonal than it used to be, think some folks on the forum are trapped in the late 1980’s and early 90’s.

The boats are much bigger and more geared for heavy weather these days. Vessel operators dont wont these expensive assets sitting idle for 3-5 months either. Vessel day rates and who picks up the weather all play a part in winter work. Its not a complete shut down. Typically a construction company such as Subsea 7 will have 2 or perhaps 3 vessels stacked during the winter months across the whole fleet. The rest will be working North Sea or abroad.

North Sea inspection and other non-essential work is hit the most during the UK winter, of course. That still leaves plenty of work UK and worldwide. Its a global industry and see no reason why folks should "expect" to take 3-5 months off.

Not heard anything from the crystal gazers on a slowdown coming up. Agree with the above post that North Sea slowdown is generally Mid jan to Mid March, i’m not splitting hairs buts its nothing like 5 months and hasn’t been for a long time IMHO.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar