Home Forums General Danger Zone! "WORK OFFSHORE-ASIA PACIFIC" BE WARNED!

"WORK OFFSHORE-ASIA PACIFIC" BE WARNED!

Home Forums General Danger Zone! "WORK OFFSHORE-ASIA PACIFIC" BE WARNED!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

This is one carried over from the old forum

Hi All
    Sorry if the subject made you think this was about a job but I actually mean the www site WORK OFFSHORE ASIA PACIFIC.
    Has anybody sent them money for their CV re-write service? I fell for their advertising tricks and duely sent then £46 by credit card with the “promise” of a complete overhaul of my cv with the KEY words that ALL EMPLOYERS look for etc etc. You have all heard the same c***. Well after 11 years in the industry I thought what the hell, jobs are not coming through I will give it a bash.

I sent then my old cv and some other docs they requested paid the money and TOOK MY CHANCE. They promise to have it back in your hands within 10 working days.

Some 5 weeks later (thats 35 days in case any body from the company is reading this, I hope so) I received 1 copy of the new draft CV. It consisted of my name & address (that’s clever) what I was (even better) and my profile…. this was even better an exact copy of the one I had sent them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since then I have received numerous requests to send them my original cv & work history, this I did 5 weeks ago but yet again I set it, and again, and again and again due to an auto response asking me to.

I have sent emails to the humans who wrote to me (TONY & KAREN who are SENIOR PERSONNEL ADVISORS) and guess what both of my letters came back with the message “can’t deliever address disconnected”

I have also sent emails to each and every address I can find (and that is about 6) for this company but all come back with the same message

I am at sea at the moment but as soon as I get home I will be contacting my credit card fraud department.

If anybody from the company is reading this please reply to me on this post, this way all our memebers can read your answer or by private email, I will be very interested to hear what you have to say.

Any body got any commenst on this? I will keep you all posted on this subject.

James as you work over that way a vast amount of your time, have you come across them?

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Mercedes

Can I confirm that we are discussing Work Offshore – Asia Pacific http://www.work-offshore.com/ ?

I’ve not contacted the company, other than to have a link to ROVworld.com added in their links section and that must have either been ages ago… or they added it themselves, because I can’t remember anything about it.

Most of my work in Asia was direct emplyment (day rate) as opposed to working through an agency or with the assistance of ‘advisors’ or ‘HR consultants’

It’s good that you have highlighted the problems you’ve been having with them and brought it out into the open.

I can’t find anything on the web that discusses similar issues concerning this company.

It would be nice if they could respond and explain things a little… but I have my doubts that that will happen.

On a personal level I wouldn’t deal with them because they are not specialsed enough… they are trying to cover the whole industry and that, by it’s very nature, would make them slow to react to market opportunities.

best regards
    James Mc

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi James

Yep thats the very www site I am talking about.

If I hear from them due to my original posting I will let you and the rest of the members know.

If its via my personal email address I will cut & paste their response.

As you say “I doubt it”

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Hi All

Would you believe it, yesterday I reveived another email from the copy saying “we have not heard from you please forward your details so we may complete the cv writing” (words to that effect) This time it was off a bloke called Barry so I hit the reply button and this attached something in the order of 12 returned emails saying that various emails address belonging to Work Offshore Asia were now inactive. I also wrote that it was their job to compile a cv and not just to copy rearrange the words of the the one I sent .

Low and behold I get a 2 liner back saying “We will refund your money”

Lads & Ladies be warned of this company.

Gina McLauchlan
    Participant

Low and behold I get a 2 liner back saying “We will refund your money”

Well that’s progress… now lets see if they actually pay your money back.

regards
    James Mc

workoffshore
    Participant

Attention Gina McLauchlan

One of our contractors; a subsea engineer has advised that you have posted comments to your website that accuses our company of fraud.

We would like you to produce the full documentation you used before posting this claim: what internal measures you took to ensure the information you posted on your forum was correct.

Could you please explain why you never contacted our company regarding this matter to at least verify the information before you published these comments.

For your information we have been with the same credit card provider for over four years and they will not condone fraudulent behaviour under any circumstances, our company record regarding refunding payments if client is not satisfied is excellent.

We note you did not publish the full name of the person who made the complaint: we suggest you contact this person to verify if he has been refunded his money.

we can confirm we have refunded every payment requested by purchasers when we have not delivered within the guarantee period, this can be confirmed by our credit card company.

Should you have any information that is contrary to the records kept by both our company and and credit card provider please supply details.

We note only your company not only published without checking the facts once in the past but then chose to repost this same incorrect information on your forum and we can only conclude this is a malicious act.

We request you remove this information immediately.

regards

Ken Chandler

Work Offshore Asia

Manager – Asia Pacific

http://www.work-offshore.com

Work Offshore – Asia Pacific

Australia – Brunei – China – Dubai – Hong Kong – Indonesia – Japan – Korea – Malaysia – Myanmar – Philippines – Singapore – Thailand – Vietnam

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Hello Ken,

You misunderstood the above postings.
    The forum of this website was corrupt a couple of months ago.
    Gina was as a webmistress able to save some postings from the old forum and reposted these.
    Because of the ‘reposting’ her name is associated with these postings now.
    She is not the original poster of these messages.
    If you read the postings again you will notice this.

centurion
    Participant

Calm down Ken

An OTT reaction does not reflect well on your company.

TheBaron
    Participant

Ken, maybe you should concentrate on customer service rather than damage limitation and retribution. This forum is a valuable resource to ROV industry personnel, especially in cases like this!

Spacer
    Participant

But what I really want to know is…Was the cv completed or…was a full refund given???

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Yeah , Ken , Did you refund the pennies 👿
    If ya did , we will forgive you 😀

workoffshore
    Participant

Our company is accused of fraud by an unknown person/company: this could be anyone, one of our competitors or a job applicant who did not get hired.

ROV World have admitted they never documented or checked the facts with the email sender; or contacted us before publication; not the actions of a fair minded or competent management of this forum.

ROV World chose to republish this accusation one again without checking the facts.

We placed this matter on ROV World forum because the webmaster/mistress chose to ignore our email messages sent starting three weeks ago giving them an opportunity to resolve this matter.

Ken Chandler

Work Offshore Asia Pacific

SA2OZ
    Participant

Who cares Ken did you do it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

Hello Ken,

I have sent you a PM with some information.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Well now that this has now gone public to the world , Ken.
    Answer the bloody question 😡

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar