Home Forums General General Board attention day-rate people

attention day-rate people

Home Forums General General Board attention day-rate people

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    David Cornock
    Participant

Scott,

Im a scab with 8 children who need to be fed, clothed and send to school!!

Flipping burgers is not an option, i was KFC’s number one employee for 2 years and it never got me anywhere!!

Im just trying to make it into ROV and was expecting some support.

We cant all be ROV superstars like you??

Best regards.

Family man.

😛

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Scott,

Im a scab with 8 children who need to be fed, clothed and send to school!!

Flipping burgers is not an option, i was KFC’s number one employee for 2 years and it never got me anywhere!!

Im just trying to make it into ROV and was expecting some support.

We cant all be ROV superstars like you??

Best regards.

Family man.

😛

C’mon mate….. now you’re just takin’ the piss at a really sore/sensitive subject FOR THE LAST 32 YEARS!!!!! Suck it up and tell them you want to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were a few divers who did that in the ME and they had problems once found out…. BTW – you will be found out. It’s a VERY small industry….

KeyserSoze
    Participant

Bhoy/Scab

I would like to get £100k a week playing premiership football but I haven’t got a clue how to play. Boo-hoo! It’s not fair I have all these bills to pay!

Sound familiar?

Until you have several years PROPER experience you can’t really comment.
    No cornflakes packet cert will give you anything but false hope.

You must have an engineering skill or background to get into ROV and to be considered. Working for nothing? I thought slave labour had been abolished?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

There you go boyo!!! I’ts only a matter of time before you’re found out and folks such as meself and … well there’s only Keyser (so far….) but more will follow this. We don’t need you… full stop. The industry can live/survive without you thanks!

Roy Simson
    Participant

Yes many of the companys are still taking the piss with rates 3 to 4 years out of date and with the amount of agencys on the up and up rates are going down and what with thousands of trainees selling there souls just to get a start it dont look to good for the future.

The problem is not going to get any better for many years its a bit like back in the early seventys when every body wanted to be a diver .

I blame it on people watching the discovery channel as many did not know any thing about ROVs .But after watching Odyssey and thinking I can do that .

Most main line companys want Local salary based personnel but there having to hire in day raters from time to time to fill the gap .In the end its how cheap are you . I fully understand that some of you have families to support as for me I do about 180 days a year at a good rate .

It wont be long now Scott before we both will be hanging up our Joy Sticks mate.

Well good luck

Raptor

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Yes many of the companys are still taking the piss with rates 3 to 4 years out of date and with the amount of agencys on the up and up rates are going down and what with thousands of trainees selling there souls just to get a start it dont look to good for the future.

The problem is not going to get any better for many years its a bit like back in the early seventys when every body wanted to be a diver .

I blame it on people watching the discovery channel as many did not know any thing about ROVs .But after watching Odyssey and thinking I can do that .

Most main line companys want Local salary based personnel but there having to hire in day raters from time to time to fill the gap .In the end its how cheap are you . I fully understand that some of you have families to support as for me I do about 180 days a year at a good rate .

It wont be long now Scott before we both will be hanging up our Joy Sticks mate.

Well good luck

Raptor

Correctumundo Raptor …. and much a chagrin to many elder ROVERS disillusions and egos…. the industry will chug along without us nicely. Keep counting!! Heh, heh – wooot!

Francesco
    Participant

Hi BigBhoy,

I’m also in the same position as yourself as a fully certified Pilot Technician 2 who cannot get work. Be very careful in offering your services for free and heed the words of forum members who have considerable more experience in such matters.

In my last employ as a Technician (hair colouring) for a chain of reputable salons, I could only get a start again, by offering to work for free. This continued for several months despite promises of a contract which never materialised. I walked out of this job eventually and was lucky enough to be taken on in a salaried position by another firm.

I now find myself trying to make a go of it offshore preferably with ROVs though I will not be working for free. I may not have a technical background I believe I have a lot to bring to the table.

Yours
    Francesco

Sit Rep
    Participant

Such a sad bloody thread!

SCABS will not be tolerated anywhere, we’re already sick and tired of Yarpies and Eastern Europeans trying it on.

Eight bairns Big Yin, hire a television set FFS (or you could get your kids to sweep chimneys).

Effin hairdressers get out of here! I’ve got a DIY #1, naturally coloured thank you! Pass me a 9\16" OE not curling tongs.

Scott, a bit worried about your quoted rates mate, as the much maligned OI (who at least have their Rates online), quote over $USD2000 per man.

Cheers (to some of you)

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆

KeyserSoze
    Participant

Bigbhoy? Francesco? hairdressers?

Has anybody spotted the hidden camera yet?

This has got to be a wind up!

C’mon guys, come out of the closet and tell us who you really are! 😆

Francesco
    Participant

Of course it was a wind up you fannies!!!

Was just pointing out to a mate that you will only be given a hard time if you post anything about getting into the indusrty due to the old guard thinking they were born with complex ROV skills!!! Cocks.

"find out who i am", "Never work", What the fuck do you guys think you are …………………the ROV mafia?? You couldnt even get a union together.

What started as a giggle has revealed some real nasty vibes, go take a good look at your self and fuck off, its the young ROV guys with real jobs on new systems that need you out of this industry, ive worked with many of these so called superstars………..not impressed.

Francesco out!!!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Of course it was a wind up you fannies!!!

Was just pointing out to a mate that you will only be given a hard time if you post anything about getting into the indusrty due to the old guard thinking they were born with complex ROV skills!!! Cocks.

"find out who i am", "Never work", What the [banned word] do you guys think you are …………………the ROV mafia?? You couldnt even get a union together.

What started as a giggle has revealed some real nasty vibes, go take a good look at your self and [banned word] off, its the young ROV guys with real jobs on new systems that need you out of this industry, ive worked with many of these so called superstars………..not impressed.

Francesco out!!!

Never said or you misquoted "never work" (I was never a diver) but, yes, people have been found out… Do you think us elders are completely daft and/or senile? My quote from above…. "Correctumundo Raptor …. and much a chagrin to many elder ROVERS disillusions and egos…. the industry will chug along without us nicely. Keep counting!! Heh, heh – wooot!" Yes, there are some dinosaurs in this industry that need to get out…. I agree but there’s more than enough "young and just qualified" in this industry who have proven themselves VERY wrong and made the multi-thousands of dollars (if not millions of $$$) mistakes. Don’t flatter yourself laddie and please deflate that ego of yours… BTW – the older vehicles didn’t fly themselves. Now fetch my tea!

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Such a sad bloody thread!

SCABS will not be tolerated anywhere, we’re already sick and tired of Yarpies and Eastern Europeans trying it on.

Eight bairns Big Yin, hire a television set FFS (or you could get your kids to sweep chimneys).

Effin hairdressers get out of here! I’ve got a DIY #1, naturally coloured thank you! Pass me a 9\16" OE not curling tongs.

Scott, a bit worried about your quoted rates mate, as the much maligned OI (who at least have their Rates online), quote over $USD2000 per man.

Cheers (to some of you)

Sitrep,

I never did trust those OI numbers – always thought it a reverse marketing tactic so other companies would raise their rates and OI would be just under the bar…. It didn’t work (as far as I know).

Francesco
    Participant

Yeah whatever Scot. Watch out for those Z kinks………….

KeyserSoze
    Participant

Hey Frankie

I hope you have your curling tongs ready when your new system breaks down on your real job!

You cnut!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar