Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Early Mid-life crisis career cahnge

Early Mid-life crisis career cahnge

Home Forums ROV ROV Industry Vocational Training Early Mid-life crisis career cahnge

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ernie
    Participant

I see Rayshields has something against divers, just my twopence worth if I may. If you have spent over 10000 hours under water as have I with a trailing umbilical it eventually becomes instinctive not to get it snagged and end up trapped or dead , I am not implying that all divers will make good rov pilots just that our work related experience could be of great use in doing so. Besides it wont harm to have a commercial diver on site when youve snagged your sub I guess. I have admittedly never flown an rov but I will be doing a course shortly and I believe I will do well

aoh
    Participant

Keep on trying woody.Courses is good to your advantage and keep trying harder.

cheers mate

SGB
    Participant

Woody
    In this present climate the demand for personnel offshore is staggering and the previously used criteria is being relaxed industry wide. The vast majority of Companies operate on the following; at the start of the year they demand good qualifications and experience, towards the middle of the season when they realise they have been a bit cautious with personnel requirements and desperately need people, be they new starts or experienced guys, qualifications and experience fall by the way side. If your qualifications fall in the former you should have a good chance for a start anytime, if they fall in the latter now is the time.
    The time spent as a diver should not be emphasied as much as trade qualifications as they expect maintenance abilities and hard graft more than the ability to walk on the seabed.
    I totally agree with some of the earlier comments about perseverance,keep ringing up all the Companies, target the Ops Managers or Personnel Managers and best of luck.

Oh, as a foot note try not to expect a large pay check for a good number of years, it takes time and Supervisors want Trainees that are not always grumbling out getting promotion so they can get more money – its a merit thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar