Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Experienced and still sitting at home?

Experienced and still sitting at home?

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Experienced and still sitting at home?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    thomas
    Participant

If you want to change things from complaining on here to praising on here,

Support the IROVA at……… Register@irova.org or click on the poll.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Hello Ray

Getting back to your original topic, I think you’ll find the reason you can’t get a replacement will be more to do with the rates being offered than nobody out there.

You could spend Β£1500 on a Nebosh safety cert and get offshore for better rates as a trainee safety rep.

That’s what I thought but I’ve been told its not the money, either the Agency doesn’t have anyone or the ones they are offering are not up to the standard (sorry, no, I don’t know what rate was offered, I will be trying to find out tho)

Out of interest, what level of rates are people "happy" to accept (as opposed to being offered) in the N Sea just now for a PT or Supervisor?

I certainly would consider the NEBOSH route myself as I love my paperwork πŸ™‚ But I’m happy enough with the money I get for the days I do just now.

Couyon, I am not discouraging anyone from trying to start out, only that this particular company is not looking for new people to train, its not a rumour, they are looking for good experienced Agency people. I’m not worrying about anyone taking my work, I’m wanting them to come and do it so I can go home πŸ™‚

me
    Participant

Canyon S pilot tech 340Β£ πŸ˜•
    Fugro? but dont tell me you dont know any of the day rate Ray

Ray Shields
    Participant

Canyon S pilot tech 340Β£ πŸ˜•
    Fugro? but dont tell me you dont know any of the day rate Ray

I have no idea what the office are offering Agency guys, why would I? I’m on a boat off Ramsgate!

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Ray,

Being on a boat off Ramsgate clearly has no bearing on why, as a long term Fugro employee, you might not know the rates.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Well lets see. I have nothing to do with the hiring of agency people, I have not worked with an Agency person for a year and a half so have been unable to ask them what they are getting (whether they would say or not).

I fail to see why being a long term employee of any company would put me in a position to know what the Company is currently offering Agency personnel??

Best to ask 1) the Ops girls, 2) the Project Manager or 3) the Agency person themselves. If I was working in base I might find out snippets, but hence I aint cos Im off Ramsgate πŸ™‚

Ray Shields
    Participant

I remember them paying Β£380 for Supervisors back in 2006 if that helps πŸ˜€

DJansen
    Participant

I got an email from Fugro in the middle east some Months back… Think they were still offering 380 quid a day πŸ™„ Guessin it was just 2 dips a week drill support.. But still a shite dayrate..

Why are some companies able to offer upwards of 900USD a day meanwhile the UK based companies are squeeking at anything more than 430-440 quid = less than 650USD ? WTF would anyone work for 400quid (or less ) a day when that is basically a 300 buck paycut ?

I’m not so niggardly that I will refuse a job over a tenner.. But when you are talking close to 200 quid difference they can whistle…

If you don’t wish to travel and the North Sea is all you know.. I guess it ain’t a biggie.. But like I’ve said ROVing is an international job and I’m happy to travel for a better rate.. Also happy to work bloody hard, share a cabin and eat foreign tucker… But I need to be paid.. Sitting on some fancy boat with comfy bedding and a private shitter may be nicer but if it doesn’t put beer tokens in my pocket I ain’t interested…

Luckily for me I saved my hard earned and did sensible things with it.. So I don’t have to accept low rates.. I’d rather work less often for more money.. If however you are potless or have a big overhead then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do… Not for me Ronnie

Mike Kidd
    Participant

What does 11+ years mean, Is it more than 11 but less than 12 or may be more than 12, then would you write 12+ years πŸ™„ By the way love the 12 hours on the sticks, can I work with you so i can fish of the back deck…

jerryo48
    Participant

Flycatcher
    You fish I’ll grab some rays
    What a shift!

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

"Thank you for your email, but at the present time we don’t have any vacancies. We thank you for your interest in Fugro-Rovtech and wish you success in your career. To keep up to date with current vacancies please visit our website http://www.fugro.com

Kind regards
    Fugro-Rovtech"
    Aberdeen

BTW: ROV’s since 91.
    To date in 2010, 0 days.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

"Thank you for your email, but at the present time we don’t have any vacancies. We thank you for your interest in Fugro-Rovtech and wish you success in your career. To keep up to date with current vacancies please visit our website http://www.fugro.com

Kind regards
    Fugro-Rovtech"
    Aberdeen

BTW: ROV’s since 91.
    To date in 2010, 0 days.

Ouch!!! Lucas…. That can’t be good, may want to see this below….

See http://www.rovworld.com/ftopict-3953.html

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Experienced? : yes (since Feb 2005)

Still sitting at home? : yes (since Jan 2010)

Vehicles : Magnum / Millenium / SCV / Comanche

Triton seems to be the really popular one, yet as you can see I have don’t have the experience – so how do I get?

πŸ˜† Thanks for listening πŸ˜†

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Experienced? : yes (since Feb 2005)

Still sitting at home? : yes (since Jan 2010)

Vehicles : Magnum / Millenium / SCV / Comanche

Triton seems to be the really popular one, yet as you can see I have don’t have the experience – so how do I get?

πŸ˜† Thanks for listening πŸ˜†

Like the rest of us…. in time and after a lot of hard knocks (which NEVER end)

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

"See http://www.rovworld.com/ftopict-3953.html"

"The topic or post you requested does not exist"

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar