Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro exodus??

Fugro exodus??

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? Fugro exodus??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    rory
    Participant

Just continuing on from Baracuda’s comment in another thread. Is there really an exodus? If so, would now be a good time to apply? 😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Fugro will be very busy next year… so the short answer is yes, that is as long as you are happy with the rates/conditions when compared with other operators.

rory
    Participant

Thanks for getting back James. Are the Rates with them that bad? I thought that they had started to finally promote people? Obviously not according to Barracuda. ❓

Bacaruda
    Participant

Plenty promotions! but that’s not a cost of living pay rise.

The figures banded about is 40-50 have left this year.

Ray Shields
    Participant

Banded about from a good source or just made up in the pub one night?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Good rumourvil though Ray 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

I didn’t say Fugro’s rates were that bad.

It matters not a jot if 40-50 have left (if indeed that is the case). If indeed that many have left it might help overall as Fugro will be under pressure to review rates to attract the right people for 2012.

Watch that space….

Either way all we are seeing is the typical ebb and flow of personnel within the industry as some companies strive to keep rates down v those striving to attract the right people. One company may lag behind another for a while.. next it’ll be Fugro paying well and another company lagging on rates.

The expression ’cause and effect’ springs to mind.

Bacaruda
    Participant

Just back from the pub and the news is Fugro have 5% pay rise !!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

you find out in the pub, didn’t you get a letter like the rest of us 😀

Bristar
    Participant

Only 5% that’s not a pay rise, inflation was 5% this year, so it’s a pay freeze…

What about receiving the same money for the past couple of years despite inflation continuing so loss that needs to made up for now that the works back on again?

They must think their staff are idiots if they believe 5% will make them stay put. And the ones that do probably are…

Bacaruda
    Participant

I found out in the pub long before you did by letter !!!

Ray Shields
    Participant

Good for you 😆

Bacaruda
    Participant

Good for you 😆

Thank You !

Fugro in Aberdeen have just started advertising for people on Press and Journal website as of the 14th Jan.

gareth martin
    Participant

Hello all!! I would like to agree that there is an exodus at FSSL. Just this month alone I have heard there has been no less than 6 decent field staff have resigned and there’s more to follow! Watch this space!!!

There has been a lot of unsettled personnel amongst the FSSL offshore workers and pay is not the only issue!

2 years ago, the field staff resentfully had to take a substantial pay cut, due to the apparent down turn in work, but since then have been heavily utilised and personnel started asking questions?

There has also been the question regards to promotions, as there was a period of this being stopped due to the recession. Again it has been evident that the office personnel getting promoted??
    The phrase moving the goal posts springs to mind where ever the offshore workers have been turned down for promotion!

Basically the office staff ie middle management have been running projects like a dictatorship. Field staff don’t have an opinion.

And much more………………….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar