Home Forums General General Board Global Industries New ROV Division

Global Industries New ROV Division

Home Forums General General Board Global Industries New ROV Division

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Oldschool
    Participant

Global Industries 411:

Global Industries is (once again) attempting to start-up a new ROV division out of their Houston office. As many know, the Olympic Challenger is being mobilized in Norway with 2 new Schilling 4000m UHDs, 2 additional vessels being built within the next 2 years with identical ROV systems, purchase of another vessel this past week; also requiring an entirely new ROV crew.

Global’s day rates are horrid and I have sent in the current (as of May 9, 2008) rates from P/T thru Salaried ROV Supt., hopefully to be updated herein soon.

The new division is headed by a great guy (Paul Letich of the former SOI) and all but 2 of the current/remaining ROV hands are ex-SOI (Superior). Unfortunately, Paul has NO SAY in correcting the extremely low rates or contracts being offered and most of the current new hires are looking for greener pastures due to believing they were mislead and made false promises by HR, I being one of them.

If you don’t mind working dirt cheap, guaranteed payroll screw-ups and changes to your contract on the fly; they are desperate for all positions ASAP.

Seriously, last Subeng. hired had LONG break from the industry and P/T had almost No experience at all. If you need work and don’t mind being treated like an unskilled deck hand…submit your resume/CV and follow up with a phone call. BELIEVE NOTHING offered verbally and very little of what is put into writing! You have been honestly informed!

Expect to go through the Schilling UHD course in Houston for 1 week, 1 week of re-accomplishing all GOM Certs. in LA (regardless of current certs., except H.U.E.T. if less than 2 years remain) and stubborn HR personnel in Carlyss that will consider you to be treated like 1 of any number of unskilled deck hand employees. BTW, all of the GOM re-certs. you will be forced to re-take, are of no use in Norway to join the vessel…LOL!

You will contractually get your Norway payroll taxes paid by Global and currently expect to go to Norway, take the ODIM course, sail new vessel to Galveston for ceremony next month. Thereafter, maybe 1 short job in GOM and off to Brazil long-term on 30/30 rotations, with 25 to ?% foreign pay bonus, depending upon what day of the week you eventually receive a contract (again, subject to change without notice).

Global does have 1 current opening for a Salaried ROV Supt. due to a recent Kiss_M/A πŸ˜‰ resignation. Minimum base salary is US $160,200.00+ bonus scheme and business/first class flights, but top pay for ROV Supv. is $US 475 day rate and Sub eng. approximately US$350.

Hope this helps out anyone in need of promotion or quick hire for easy low-rate $$$, who lacks any self-esteem or compentency as a skilled ROV professional.

Good luck,

Oldschool
    tsoyahayuchi@yahoo.com

centurion
    Participant

Great post oldschool.

After reading it there is no excuse for any rovworld member to get conned by those MF’s. I can’t believe those rates.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Global Industries … a name from the past (in Singapore) for me . We parted company when they flogged off their first foray into ROV’s (in Asia at least) to OI Singapore.

Doesn’t look like much has changed.

Thanks for all the up to date info and the heads up on what people should expect if they are lured into working for them.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Heh, heh!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Good show old school!!

Read and heed all you young fellas who are so keen to join this industry. Just make sure that have either a) a non-removal butt plug or plenty of K-Y when you go speak with the Human Waste Dept.!!!

Anonymous

β€œthe big crew change” If they need skilled workers than the industry should need to invest.

The way to make themselves attractive to potential hires is through salary incentives and clear careers path.

aquarius
    Participant

I checked the web page of Global Industries and tried to send them an email but postmaster sent it back at me πŸ˜₯

Does any of you guys have a valid e-mail address to this company?

Does not seem to be a good company to work for but I would like to give it a try.

Tanks

kangaroo
    Participant

Paul Letich:

ROV Operations Manager

pletich@globalind.com

slayer
    Participant

Pictures of the vessel to be found here: http://www.skipsfarts-forum.net/read.php?TID=2381&page=2

Delivery date set to 30.june 2008.

JL Schnabel
    Participant

well, let me add my 5c worth and supply the following two addresses :

Paul Letich" <pletich>
    ROV Operations Manager

"Jerred Hebert" <jerredh>
    Recruiter

Oldschool
    Participant

πŸ˜† I kinda figured that my post would stir up some bottom dwellers desperately looking for work πŸ˜†

TOOOOOOOO FUNNY…

JL Schnabel
    Participant

oops, Paul’s address had been posted already!

luckyjim37
    Participant

An open door is an open door to a new start and if you start with the worst company things can only get better ❗

James McLauchlan
    Participant

An open door is an open door to a new start and if you start with the worst company things can only get better ❗

Fair enough.

Oldschool
    Participant

FYI all,

Despite emails assuring otherwise I still have not received all pay due to me since May 9th, received a check from Global that my bank returned due to Global’s stop payment and expenses have never been paid.

@$$holes

Steve
    Participant

Is this PL the Ozzy ex UKPS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar