IROVA & IMCA?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    boroman
    Participant

Right lets throw a spanner in the works.

This IROVA organisation is going to do away with IMCA or work with them, and some companys are willing to back it i hear on this web site. Bare in mind most of the big companies have some body sitting on the IMCA board, so tell me please how you are going to dictate to them all, and get recognition and increase the rates that are continually being driven down,by the said companies,and this has been noted on here on a recent Canyon post for people.

Its a bit like your Onion ideas with the RMT it just makes you cry when you cut a new topic, much the same as the lets all go on strike idea that was proposed awhile back. As the Blondie record says dreamin i’m always dreamin. 😀

thomas
    Participant

Boroman,

This IROVA organisation is going to do away with IMCA or work with them,

If you have read through the various threads that have discussed this question you should already know the answer,however I will state again for your benefit and others who are wondering….

This association has no desire to

" Do away with IMCA "

IMCA competancies are all we have in our industry at present and for the forseeable future . There are many complaints about the implimentation of these competancies and the policing of them.

It is the intention of this association to firstly bring the majority of bone fide ROV operatives together as a professional body with credability and knowledge.
    This association WILL check potential members credentials before membership is granted at any particular level and WILL police ourselves to avoid unqualified persons amongst our ranks which WILL inturn give confidence to potential clients that they are getting the qualified manpower they are paying for as opposed to a team made up of maybe one qualified guy and two or three seat fillers.

" or work with them "

This association will create our own rules which I envisage will be pitched higher than the present IMCA set up and therefore this association will welcome any body or company who wishes to work,with US ,within the rules that WE make.

"Bare in mind most of the big companies have some body sitting on the IMCA board, so tell me please how you are going to dictate to them all, "

This association is not about IMCA bashing.IMCA is a business and as such is is run along business lines and is responsable to its board members ( share holders ) to perform to their expectations and guidance.
    This association will be responsable to its members and will run for the benefit of its members and its members will be ROV people.
    This association has no intention of dictating to anyone,however at some point we will be in a position to say to individual companies that our members will only work with them if they adhere to the expected pay and conditions of our association.This avoids global confrontation with all companies good and bad and will only affect the companies who at present are taking advantage of the fact that ROV people have no strength to oppose them.

As to the rest of your posting Im sure that is your opinion and does not warrant a response that hasnt already been said elsewhere.

Once again thankyou for your valuable input and I look forward to some constructive comments and ideas on how to move our association forward.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Boroman ,
    You also do not understand that the fledgling IROVA would be By the ROV personnel , To the ROV personnel and From the ROV personnel.
    IMCA as a governing body is more of a guideline and diluted in regards to the ROV section. Which is the reason why we have no say or hardly any say in rates and alot of unprofessional ,untrained or in experienced wannabes in the Our Industry. 👿
    Once it is up and running smoothly , we can fine tune it 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Right lets throw a spanner in the works.

This IROVA organisation is going to do away with IMCA or work with them, and some companys are willing to back it i hear on this web site. Bare in mind most of the big companies have some body sitting on the IMCA board, so tell me please how you are going to dictate to them all, and get recognition and increase the rates that are continually being driven down,by the said companies,and this has been noted on here on a recent Canyon post for people.

Was that a question or a statement?

That wasn’t a spanner.. You threw the whole toolbox in from the heli deck in a highly confrontational manner, which of course has invoked suitable responses.

‘Do away with the IMCA’ ‘Dictate to the big companies’ Both confrontational notions and ill conceived. Sounds like union speak!

Moving on…
    boroman
    Why on earth would you suggest the administrators of an International ROV Association would even contemplate ‘doing away’ (as you put it) with the International Marine Contractors Association? The notion is ludicrous, would be deemed as highly confrontational and certainly not to the advantage of either party.

Lets be clear about this.
    IROVA is being formed by ROV people to look after the various interests of International ROV operatives and their chosen industry. It’s not being formed to confront other Associations with similar fields of interest. It’s also being touted as international (as the name clearly states) not just a UK based initiative for the benefit of UK ROV people alone.

As for dictating to the companies that own and operate ROV’s….. FORGET IT! Why would an association want to dictate to the industry? IMCA doesn’t.. they issue guidelines, as would IROVA.

For sure both Associations could work together in areas of synergy but IROVA would have the ability to work in a more structured and efficient manner on the ROV side of things.

The IMCA tries to cover all things offshore… but is clearly lacking on the ROV front and is probably too big to be able to change in that respect.
    Therefore there is space for an independent non profit making International ROV Association which would look to improve and ensure the application of ROV industry standards.

Get off the Rates trip.. IROVA is not being formed to only improve pay rates. However, with the passage of time, as the IROVA gains credibility and hard won recognition. it might conceivably be able to exert some influence, by way of mutual agreement with the operators, on many things including pay structure and grades.

It’s not all (or only) about pay as some seem to indicate. If there were an effective association looking after the interests of ROV, as a whole, then many standards could be set and policed, pay being one small part of it’s remit. IROVA intends to fill that void.

Many people know the system is lacking, needs fixing and they are willing to join such an Association. The polls and posts show that.

At least there are some people out there trying to fix things, which can a hard unrewarding task at the best of times.

Others appear to contribute nothing other than shoot down any initiative that is presented but have no positive suggestions to make themselves.
    Very much in the manner of the OP.

Apologies if I ranted a bit there 😉 … and used he word confrontational few times.

Next please……

James McLauchlan
    Participant

In summary I would suggest that:

• The IROVA is not being formed as a replacement for, or to compete with, the IMCA.
    • The IROVA is being formed to help enhance representation of the International ROV Industry and those working, or closely related to, it.
    • The IROVA will strive to work with others associations already making a contribution in the ROV industry, which would of course include the IMCA.
    • The IROVA will be a stand alone Association and will form, as once did the IMCA and other associations, because it has the right to do so.

Whether the IROVA will have any favourable impact on our industry will be seen with the passage of time, but at the outset it is not purporting to be the ‘be all and end all’ of all things ROV!

boroman
    Participant

whats happened to Irov gone vey quiet as of late (2 months), once again i will re-itterate another pie in the sky idea!

muppets trying to change an industry that the big boys have control of.

As Debbie Harry said dreaming im always dreaming 😀

thomas
    Participant

Boroman,

For your information the setting up of this organization is not an easy task.

Everyone involved in this is a volunteer and funding their work by themselves for the benefit of others.

The website and the missions and all other details are being worked on when we can as we have to work to earn money as well.

Its easy to stand at the side and call us muppets and have pie in the sky and unfulfilled dreams.

The international committee is in place and things are progressing.I’m sorry its not happening quick enough for you at this time but it is better done right in the first place than to rush in and publish without due thought and care.

Rather than making posts like you have why don’t YOU offer some of your time and effort into helping us.

This association is for all of us in the industry and it will be a good thing but it must be right.

Please have a bit of patience and maybe set off some discussion about your concerns in the industry to stimulate debate.

Just because we are not posting as much at present , that does not stop people like YOU making posts to help it along.We are all very busy in the background doing things to bring this to fruition so please make your future comments with a thought for the guys who are doing ,not just saying.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

whats happened to Irov gone vey quiet as of late (2 months), once again i will re-itterate another pie in the sky idea!

muppets trying to change an industry that the big boys have control of.

As Debbie Harry said dreaming im always dreaming 😀

I guess the birds ruled the sky once and may have appeared to have monopolised the concept of flight and yet that didn’t stop people from dreaming about flying one day!

I’m not sure that it would be fair to suggest those that started the IMCA were muppets which, judging by your comments, appear to infer that the founders of an association would need to be.

All the same, thanks for your valuable input.

IROVA
    Thanks for your detailed response. Much appreciated and good luck with your initiative.

No matter how positive a reception an idea receives there will always be disbelievers providing negative input. In this instance boroman proves that point I guess.

79% of 234 voters in favour of the idea can’t all be wrong.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

It appears that some people just want to sit in the background and let others do the work for them. Seen the work ethics of a lot of guys offshore as of late… too much talk and not enough walk

Andy Shiers
    Participant

I can ‘Walk the Walk’ Scott 😀

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Problem is…………………………… It’s the damnest trying to find High heels big enough 😕

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Problem is…………………………… It’s the damnest trying to find High heels big enough 😕

As long as you also wear your Village People leathers as well! 😆

Andy Shiers
    Participant

😆
    Thats’ Mig 😀
    I wore the leotard 8)

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Guys

Way off topic.

Start a new thread on personal clothing, fetishes, somewhere else and those that wish can debate it, knowing that they are on topic.

This thread is about: International ROV Association (IROVA)

Anonymous

Has the iRov badge been produced yet? Last debate I saw was a debate on the style of badge. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar