Home Forums General General Board Know your rights…Admiralty Laws & Jones ACT???

Know your rights…Admiralty Laws & Jones ACT???

Home Forums General General Board Know your rights…Admiralty Laws & Jones ACT???

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    seadogg
    Participant

oldschool, don’t take any shite buddy, i’m sure this guy got a shock from the hornets nest he has kicked over this time. These type of guys sometimes get away with this shite for years but it usually catches up with them in the end.

i’m sure he will live to regret his actions after your finished with him in court….he’s probably used to getting away with this stuff in places where that jones act stuff dosen’t apply and forgot about it….big mistake on his part from the sound of it.

Oldschool
    Participant

DogStar,

Thanks for the contribution to the topic! There are numerous "so-called" Jones Act "ship-chasers" out there. The link you posted and the following links are the best of the lot; based upon my hasty research and old-timers opinions in the industry.

Both of these legal corporations advance pay upon future settlements, as they get the best settlements. Also, they both pay for all medical treatment and tests.

http://www.vbattorneys.com
    http://www.themaritimelawyer.com
    http://www.maritimeaccidentattorney.com

oldschool, don’t take any shite buddy

LMFAO…thanks seadogg šŸ˜† Those who actually know me and have worked for me will all testify…I take care of my people no matter whose arse I have to put a boot into to ensure that šŸ‘æ for fooking with them, even for whinging poms that actually do their jobs šŸ™„

Hope this educated some of the newer hands in the industry about what can happen and what to do to protect your family and your arse when shite happens outta da blue. I also hope I’ve somewhat tormented those posters/readers/lurkers who need not be named šŸ˜ˆ

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

FYI: I have been told ( I am not a lawyer) that the penalty for what is legally referred to in the USA as simple assault & battery off-shore (USA State/Federal waters where the USCG would have jurisdiction) caries a set 5 year prison sentence according to Federal Sentencing Guidelines, served at a Federal Penitentiary where 85% of the sentence must be served before ā€œgood-timeā€ is considered. Any civil matters are completely independent of the criminal case but of course a criminal conviction would pave the way for a guilty verdict via the Civil Court for damages to be ordered.

Previously someone wrote 5 years for attempted murder…., not in the US, try 20 (or more). And as stated this certainly does not appear to be attempted murder.

bt
    Participant

It would be good to hear the other side of the story. As reading this site this person comes accross as the following.
    1) Anti british
    2) Heard that this so called pomm had a hassle the last time on board so thought he would have a pop at him to sort him out and it`s back fired.
    3) Sounds like the rep and captain and crew all agreed with the so called pomm.
    4) it comes accross more like common assault rather than anything more. As i can`t see any captain putting his job on the line.

I could be completely wrong as i don`t know the full story?? But if it was a bad as it is getting made out wouldn`t the ship return to port to get it sorted out.? i.e. attempted murder or serious assault.

oh i am british but not anti american in anyway. Just stating how this forum is coming accross.

Anonymous

OK let me get this straight.

some oldfool gets beaten up off shore & is looking for compensation, fair enough I guess.

However, maybe he provoked this attack. Maybe hes done this before for easy payouts.

Olddrool : You come across as a racist bigot my friend, there’s a certain theme that rings itrue in every thread you create & comment you make.

Your anti-British.
    You attract trouble where ever you go.
    Your an angry person.
    Yes we know your were a client rep once ( big deal ).
    World records : you have a few so you say ( now thats sad )
    LEAD Supv. I,ve heard it all now lolol.
    Yes you an Indian, we know, & quite frankly dont care. I know plenty of indians myself & work with a few also, they are plote , well mannered & non violent.
    I dont know you myself & I hope you never work for me . I might not contain myself from give you a b#tch slap you old woman.

Get a life

Oldschool
    Participant

Asian ā€œStallionā€ šŸ™„ ā€¦LMFAO. Ya mean ā€œan Ex-Pat with a pocketful of Baht, Dong, RMB, etc riding impoverished Asian whores bareback lil pony šŸ˜Æ . Any pencil-dick like yourself would call yourself a ā€œStallionā€ in Asiaā€¦what a fooking pathetic joke šŸ˜† .

Ya, Iā€™ve read your past posts and responses as well:

Sounds like you may well have lick’d your way into one of those STAFF jobs you seem to know so much about with a 6 figure sum??? Seem’s like your philosophy is "me first chief im a cripple? Hmmmm?ā€

Olddrool : You come across as a racist bigot my friend, there’s a certain theme that rings itrue in every thread you create & comment you make.

Your anti-British. ā€¦ I come from a very long lineage of wagon burners and kidnappers/slave traders of Brit Immigrants. My grandfathers (Yuchi) raided the fook outta the New England Colonists, fooked your bitches, scalped, killed and sold what remained to the Seminoles in Florida as slaves. Yes, I am very proud of my heritage assholeā€¦lol! My prejudice remains as we Native Americans are the ONLY race on this planet that have to carry around a ā€œCertificate of Indian Blood ID Cardā€ to prove who we are. This hold-over from your Brit ancestors is the epitome of the worst continued racism on the planet today, so fuck you and your ancestors!

Whateverā€¦2 fights in 15+ years offshore and both for defending my subordinates from loud mouth Pommy wankers. I attract trouble because I donā€™t take your mouthy shit asshole.

Your an angry person.

Nope wrong guess. I used to be, but my wife (full-blood High Elk family Lakota Sioux of the Cheyenne River South Dakota Reservation) settled that when they handed BP their bollocks in US Federal Court and forced BP to rename their GOM Rig from ā€œCrazy Horse into Thunderhorse.ā€ Her family just doesn’t like Brits either…it’s a Native American thing, just like the Scotts and the Irish hate your guts. You have that effect on most people, including almost everyone of your former colonies throughout the world. I’m in great company with most white and ALMOST ALL African Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Kiwis, Scotts, Irish, etc.

Regarding BPs insultive use of my wife’s twice great grandfather’s name, we suggested the name ā€œAmerica’s First Loosersā€ instead, but you Brits have never been known for having any sense of humor.

BTW, howā€™s that rig working out for ya BP Brits since Orval Looking Horse (Lakota Holyman from Green Grass S.D. Rez) went offshore and ceremonially cursed it? Oh yea, almost sank shortly thereafter by a Hurricane and all the manifolds from FMC had to be pulled and replaced, corrosion problems, etc, etcā€¦LMFAO!

Yes we know your were a client rep once ( big deal ).

Youā€™re right, big deal, itā€™s still just the record setting ultra-deep water construction project in the world and set more world records than any other project. I merely wrote the ROV work tasks from pre through commissioningā€¦no big deal, but looks awesome on my CV compared to yours ass licker.

LEAD Supv. I,ve heard it all now lolol.

Well bitch, when I run 2 crews on 2 TXLXs on dayshift, perform all the dive tasks and the nightshift requires a lead Canadian Supv to monitor the junior Brit second supervisor, I havenā€™t heard it all. Just experienced the normal situation and reality of piss poor braggart Brits that are all mouth and little brains. Funny as hell though that this is a Brit/OZ owned operationā€¦LOL!

Yes you an Indian, we know, & quite frankly dont care. I know plenty of indians myself & work with a few also, they are plote , well mannered & non violent.

Must be your former subjects from India or city Native Americans that did not grow up TRADITIONALLY on a Reservation.

I dont know you myself & I hope you never work for me . I might not contain myself from give you a b#tch slap you old woman.

Exactly my point, ya Brits can slap like the lil bitches ya are and then run away like the lil cunts that ya are. I’d prefer to fight a real man that has the balls to face off and have it out, not hit and run like a girlyboy. But you guys have always run from us Natives…from Africa to America…LOL! šŸ˜† šŸ˜†

Iā€™ll gladly send ya my address and driving directions from Portland Oregon Intl Airport and take ya up on that ricepony. PM your email and Iā€™ll send ya the invite?

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Guys n Gals….
    Please take this personal stuff away from open posts…. I will react as I am required to do and ensure that this Forum remains a safe place for children to play…… oh yeah and offshore ROV types too šŸ˜‰

I have already received a PM about this thread from someone that has not posted. They were disappointed about some of the things being written in this thread of late. I am reviewing it now.

In the meantime…….

All members:
    I refer to the Forum posting guidelines. in particular……

Language – Do not use offensive language.
    This is not a ship offshore it a Forum on the internet and as such is open to people of all ages, so we want everyone to feel comfortable. Offensive language constitutes: profanity, racial, ethnic, and gender based insults or any other personal discriminations, and posts meant to offend or hurt any other members or their work.
    If you need to say something do it sensibly with facts, not with insults.
    If you have an issue with a members language or attitude on this website please alert Admin by PM or via the feedback form.
    If the website Admin deem any posts as offensive then the members account in question may be deleted from the site without warning.

In particular, if it is deemed that you have directly insulted another member your account will most probably be deleted.

By all means if someone feels the need for a final parting shot then they can post one as I have no control over that. But, be aware that when an account is deleted all the posts associated with that account are also (automatically) deleted by the system. It will be as if the person was never here.

Now please get back on topic or the thread will be locked.

best regards
    James Mc
    Forum Policeman!

Oldschool
    Participant

You will note that I started this thread to be informative and then commented about personal attacks NOT BEING MODERATED and replying to personal attacks in kind.

I didn’t start this BS and I don’t take it either. šŸ‘æ

James McLauchlan
    Participant

You will note that I started this thread to be informative and then commented about personal attacks NOT BEING MODERATED and replying to personal attacks in kind.

I didn’t start this BS and I don’t take it either. šŸ‘æ

Well do it by PM or email.. posting this crap in the open is wrong.. and that applies to all involved.

As I have said often enough…. if there is a problem send a PM to me or another admin.

regards
    James Mc

Anonymous

Sory James .

I just find this type of hatefull racism to be way out of hand both here & offshore. Indeed racism like this is against companies policies. This guy is no better than the KKK & should be ashamed of himself & the picture he paints of his fellow Americans.

I also find the way he airs his filthy laundry in a public forum distastfull & not exactly the type of behaviour you would expect from a so called proffessional.

I dont mind people quoting me , but that first quote oldschool quouted isnt even by me.

Part of the pleasure working offshore is working with different nationalities, its a real shame that people like this still exist in a global society šŸ˜„ , but hey there you go!

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

A picture is made up of pixels, correct?
    Think of a picture with 300,000,000 pixels (approx. pop. of US) how could anyone in their right mind judge the attitudes, behavior and opinions of one ā€œpixelā€ representative or a reflection of the whole picture?
    AsianStallion your admonishment of Oldschool with the phrase ā€œ & the picture he paints of his fellow Americansā€œ is as ignorant and similar as his bigotry (not racism…being British is not a race) of the entire British population based on his personal experience with a few of them…

def: Native Americans = first group of immigrants to what is now called The USA. Their history goes back to Asia, most likely Mongolia. We are all immigrants…..out of Africa…some being newer than others.. šŸ˜†

turtle
    Participant

I think it’s been noted before, but just thought it timely to point out that the "racism" card seems to be pulled only when the tone goes anti – Brit. The "septic" and anti – Yank rhetoric is tacitly acknowledged until it brings a kickback response. None of it has a place here or anywhere in this business.

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

Asian Stallion said:

Your anti-British.

Oldschool said:

I come from a very long lineage of wagon burners and kidnappers/slave traders of Brit Immigrants. My grandfathers (Yuchi) raided the fook outta the New England Colonists, fooked your bitches, scalped, killed and sold what remained to the Seminoles in Florida as slaves. Yes, I am very proud of my heritage assholeā€¦lol! My prejudice remains as we Native Americans are the ONLY race on this planet that have to carry around a ā€œCertificate of Indian Blood ID Cardā€ to prove who we are. This hold-over from your Brit ancestors is the epitome of the worst continued racism on the planet today, so [banned word] you and your ancestors!

So, I guess that is a yes

Asian Stallion said:

Oldschool said:

I attract trouble because I donā€™t take your mouthy shit asshole.

So another yes then

Oldschool said:

Well bitch, when I run 2 crews on 2 TXLXs on dayshift, perform all the dive tasks and the nightshift requires a lead Canadian Supv to monitor the junior Brit second supervisor, I havenā€™t heard it all. Just experienced the normal situation and reality of piss poor braggart Brits that are all mouth and little brains.

In the real world that is called running a shift, stop whining

I can almost see the white drool frothing at the corners of your mouth, and feel the slaver spraying in my direction.

Get a life and grow up

Monkey

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Enough is enough.

Thread Locked

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • The topic ‘Know your rights…Admiralty Laws & Jones ACT???’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar