Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work no more available

no more available

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work no more available

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nikolay Shteynikov
    Participant

Happy Christmas!!!

Joel
    Participant

Wait until Oceaneering find out you are using their email address to get work with others!!

😀 😀 😯 😯

boroman
    Participant

Another one who’s never heard of PDF documents 😀

you could have some fun downloading this altering it and sending to all the usual agency’s.

some people just don’t learn 😆

Ray Shields
    Participant

For someone with 17 years experience, you should know by now NOT to post your CV on a public forum for all to see, access, take away and add their own name to and put themselves forward as it being their own CV.

You are also very unwise to use an email address from your current employer as you will be advertising the fact that you wish to leave them which they may not exactly like.

I have deleted the email address and CV.

Toon
    Participant

Personally don’t think there is anything wrong with using pdf’s… smaller file sizes, more compatabile across most operating platforms and more secure…! Just lock the doc so that people can only print the thing. Can’t do anything with the doc after that…

Ching ching… Happy holidays everyone!

Toon

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

There are .pdf conversion programs of course….. beware!

Toon
    Participant

You guys have got to be kidding…

I was just about to say "Who in their right mind will want to hijack my CV"… but now that I think about it….. yeah… you got a point…

So, for the record, and as a matter of interest…. I would suggest that you still use pdf format files as they are easy to move around due to their smaller file sizes, much easier to read (they pop up in your face as opposed to a word doc)… but then you have to save them properly…

When you save your file, select your save options carefully (there will normally be an ‘Options’ tab lying around somewhere funnily(?) enough). You can save a file to pdf and only alow printing (but make sure that no editing or copying is allowed)… when you do that, you can’t even cut and past or select sections and cut them out of the document… It’s pretty secure. As for this pdf conversion program….? Never really come accross one of them but I can pretty much take any document and bring it into CoelDRAW or PhotoShop and sort things out right there and then anyway… so nothing is really safe at the end of the day…

It’s a sad day when this kind of thing becomes a factor…. but I suppose it could be a real threat… but I mean really… how often does this happen… really

What other files do you guys use anyway… Word doc’s…?

Toon
    Participant

PS: Watch out for ****…. sems like he has a thing for tweaking other peoples CV’s…. pretty weird that….

But hey, who am I to judge….

Ray Shields
    Participant

Exactly – who are you to judge. You appear to be accusing a board member from one flippant remark. Name deleted unless you wish to provide PROOF that the member has done this.

If someone wishes to make up a false CV it will make no difference if the format is in Word, text or PDF, all it means is they will have to go to the bother of re-typing it out.

The main point is that false CVs are and always will be out there in this and every other industry. And in this age of identity theft, putting out documents with real life work which others can use to pad their own CV with is bad enough, but ones that have names, addresse, dates of births, passport numbers – well, that could be financial suicide.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Ray & others,

Agencies and others (re: ROV companies) have stolen, ripped, extracted, expropriated, scammed, abused, etc. peoples’ CV’s and resumes since day dot. Nobody has stopped this EVER…. And this won’t stop…. Get a friggin’ Yunion GLOBALLY and maybe there will be a bit more control….

Andy Shiers
    Participant

And of course 8)
    It’s a small industry , so if you say you were on such and such with ROV type Bla Bla there is a great chance you will be found out 😯
    I have come across a few that have done this and I ran them off 🙂
    That simple 😈
    "What an evil web you weave , when you practice to deceive !"

Toon
    Participant

Common Ray… he was being down right condecending and trying to be too clever… he lined himeself up for that dig…

I’ve just been trying to tell it like it is… pdf’s are a good medium to send CV’s/info IF you save them correctly…. simple…

Not…

Another one who’s never heard of PDF documents

you could have some fun downloading this altering it and sending to all the usual agency’s.

some people just don’t learn

For godsakes…. anyone can rip off documents but they will always be found out at the end of the day… don’t slag a guy for using a pdf file…

Toon
    Participant

Especially if you don’t know what you are talking about… enough said

Toon out…

ROVRatt
    Participant

Well done Lostboy:

It’s a small industry , so if you say you were on such and such with ROV type Bla Bla there is a great chance you will be found out
    I have come across a few that have done this and I ran them off

It’s a small industry indeed and sinners are soon found out. Whenever talk comes around to jobs done and someone mentions a vessel that he’s been on, someone in the group will ask him if he met X on the vessel. Bullshitters are soon exposed.

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Well done Lostboy:

It’s a small industry , so if you say you were on such and such with ROV type Bla Bla there is a great chance you will be found out
    I have come across a few that have done this and I ran them off

It’s a small industry indeed and sinners are soon found out. Whenever talk comes around to jobs done and someone mentions a vessel that he’s been on, someone in the group will ask him if he met X on the vessel. Bullshitters are soon exposed.

Ratt,

All well and good saying that sinners will be found out…. BUT, when some secretary in an office is ordered to "modify" someones CV or resume, who do you think takes a brow-beating? Certainly NONE of the orifice staff. The poor sod has been unknowingly black-balled by a number of companies automatically….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar