Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work no more available

no more available

Home Forums ROV ROV Personnel Available For Work no more available

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ROVRatt
    Participant

Crikey Scott:

All well and good saying that sinners will be found out…. BUT, when some secretary in an office is ordered to "modify" someones CV or resume, who do you think takes a brow-beating? Certainly NONE of the orifice staff. The poor sod has been unknowingly black-balled by a number of companies automatically….

This is apalling. I never thought this can and does happen. I didn’t think of this aspect at all. The only recourse would be a charge of fraud but how do you prove it?

What would be the motivation of the company to modify the CV? Or would this more likely be done by an agency trying to place people for more money?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Crikey Scott:

All well and good saying that sinners will be found out…. BUT, when some secretary in an office is ordered to "modify" someones CV or resume, who do you think takes a brow-beating? Certainly NONE of the orifice staff. The poor sod has been unknowingly black-balled by a number of companies automatically….

This is apalling. I never thought this can and does happen. I didn’t think of this aspect at all. The only recourse would be a charge of fraud but how do you prove it?

What would be the motivation of the company to modify the CV? Or would this more likely be done by an agency trying to place people for more money?

Think of it as a chicken ranch (I’m reverting back to my Americanisms…), they always have the best looking ones strut out in front. The price is high, goods are delivered in a nice package, and the customer comes out smiling. Then a few days or weeks later, said customer gets a rash, pimple, sore, or some other STD – related effects and voila! He’s screwed literally and figuratively. YES! It’s done all the time since day dot tho’ not as much as it used to be….

Toon
    Participant

Initially I thought this thread was just going to run out of steam but it is now begining to interest me… I don’t want to sound naive’… but why on earth would someone do something like that… are you guys not over reacting on this one or am I missing something…? Seriously…

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Sadly , as Scott said , this has been going on since the beginning 😕
    Why !
    not to want to drag another subject into it but ROV company or agency vamp the C of V because the client has requested a certain amount of experience to fit the job requirements and they do not have the experience just…………………………… Trainees 😯
    Or someone who does not have the RIGHT experience or enough experience to what is expected !
    It could also be that the old "Facto" The said company is greedly trying to skim off more profit whilst paying the said trainee/Inexperienced person Crap money but the said person is more than happy to take the contract ’cause he is glad to get his foot on the ladder 8O.
    Unfortunately a growing number of people that have entered the Industry who do not have enough experience are very happy indeed that this is happening plus…………………. Just because a Curriculum Vitae says Joe Blogs ( Apologies if there is a person in the Industry of that name , It was an example 😀 ) Has been on ex amount of contracts but in reality it’s the amount of contracts he was thrown off 😕 But he was still there even though he was crap 😯

Toon
    Participant

Wow…. to be honest with you… I’d be one of the guys taking on the job to get my foot in the door…. (um…. mike@workwithme.co.za… willing to do anything to get into the industry)… um… what were we talking about… oh yeah… still freaks me out that people will butcher someones CV.. but I’m beginning to get the picture…. pretty weird that….

Toon
    Participant

PS: Do have pdf format CV…. (also got it in Word, CorelDRAW, Jpeg or psd format)…. I just need work… I’ll put it in any format you want…. I could probably convert it into an MP3 format if you want… just give me an interview…. and some interesting people to work with….

Toon

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Toon,

Once again, as in EVERY year around this time, it’s slooooow…. Join the queue! There’s experienced guys out of work as well.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Yeah 😯
    I’m cleaning public toilets to make ends meet at the mo’ 😕

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar