Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Dungbeetle
    Participant

Hi there all,

I have been offered a place with Oceaneering, training in Batam, Indonesia.

Has anybody got any top tips ref same or anything I might need to know about beforehand.

Looking forward to it after what seems like years of trying to get into the industry.

Ta all.

Rgds

DB

Robert Mur
    Participant

Hi there all,

I have been offered a place with Oceaneering, training in Batam, Indonesia.

Has anybody got any top tips ref same or anything I might need to know about beforehand.

Looking forward to it after what seems like years of trying to get into the industry.

Ta all.

Rgds

hey mate

sorry i dont have info for you but maybe you could help me? i have a telephone interview next week for an rov junior tech with Oceaneering Singapore.

Do you have any info about that, was that the first step of your process?

Also what training do they offer, rotation, salary etc?

any help would be appreciated

Dungbeetle
    Participant

Hi there,

They will let you know during the interview for sure ref the salary etc, it might differ from where I will be working and don’t want to give you false info.

I don’t know about rotation and such like but I believe that once I return completed paperwork to OI I will get more info.

It will become much clearer during the interview. I take it that it is a telephone interview.

All the best, and good luck.

Regards

DB

Nigel Houghton
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I have just been offered an interview with oceaneering in Aberdeen, got any pointers.

Regards
    Slappy

Dungbeetle
    Participant

Hi Slappy mate,

Can’t help really I’m afraid, I had an interview via the phone from abroad.

As with all else, just be yourself I guess.

They will do the asking, just do your best and you’ll surprise yourself.

Good luck

DB

MIKEBREMNER
    Participant

Hi Slappy mate,

Good luck

DB

hi db can you tell me how long oceaneering took to get back to you i had an interview last week driving me nuts not heard anything..?

thanks mike

Dungbeetle
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Three weeks to the day. I guess it also might be depending upon how much notice you need to give your present employer.

Hope that helps mate, good luck.

DB

MIKEBREMNER
    Participant

ok thanks hope for me yet then!!!!
    mike

Nigel Houghton
    Participant

Hi Slappy mate,

Good luck

DB

Thanks DB,

Fingers crossed and all that!

Cheers
    Slappy

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

Got a phone interview with Oceaneering tomorrow aswell…

What kind of questions did they ask you mate?

Ryan gay
    Participant

Managed to get a start today first trip next week not with oceaneering though it’s with Bibby remote intervention

Jamie hill
    Participant

Hey there, I’m finishing off my apprenticeship as a Car mechanic and my final units of my HND electronics engineering. I already have my HNC. I’m looking to go offshore as a trainee. Any suggestions?

Ray Shields
    Participant

Have you read through the Rookies section on here, also the FAQs (link over on the left) for a start?

Also, you do not need to post the same message 3 times on the website, once is enough.

John
    Participant

Got a phone interview with Oceaneering tomorrow aswell…

What kind of questions did they ask you mate?

Hi,

I am from India and have also applied at oceaneering Singapore. How many days after applying did you got the call for an interview ? I applied on 28th April.

How many vaccancy are there for trainee ROV PT any idea ?

I am Electronics engineer & having 5 year experience in Electronics Design field. Do they give call to people abroad outside singapore ?

Please suggest.

Regards.

Jack
    Participant

I joined Oceaneering last August and completed the Initial training course in Batam (Indonesia) its a 9 weeks course and is good fun.

while your over in indonesia as a trainee you get 18k salary plus 50 quid a day for everyday youre over there, youre also put up in a really nice hotel with all meals etc.

they teach you everything you need to know on the course however a basic understanding of hydraulics and electronics will make the content easier to ge your head around.

On completion of the course I was a bit unlucky and had 18weeks with no work, and since then have don 3 , 3 week trips in the north sea with long periods off in between ( luckily you get paid salary) however some finished indonesia and were straight on a rotation 4 days later with no time off- so it just depends what the demands are for ROV.

you get a competency book on completion of the course to be completed when out on jobs- which requires you to complete around 10 jobs on the system and also gain 100 hundred flying hrs (10 of which you acquire on the course) ……Once you commplete this book ( around a year after course) you move from junior to pilot tech lvl 3

as a junior tech if you are on rotation you make around 36k/year

as a pilot tech level 3 you make around 55k

then you can literally jump through the ranks at your own pace ……

hope this helps. feel free to ask any questions

MCINROY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar