Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner Oceaneering ROV Junior Tech

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jack
    Participant

that was supposed to say " 100* jobs on the system"

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

Hi mate,

I also have a start with Oceaneering in Batam, starting June 3rd. I’ve no been told anything about basic salary though was just told that we get $100 a day for the training….. I take it there is a revised contract for when you complete the training?

I was also told we get tests on day one of training? How much do you need to know prior to the training as I am from a more IT based background with some limited electronics, I know the very basics like Ohms law and the components and their functions etc…..

Sounds a bit slow starting 18 weeks off!! Are you not based over in Singapore? Thats where I am apparently… will wait and see though!

I know about the competency books and the progression ladder, like you said just at your own pace, looking forward to getting started!!

Craig
    Participant

If you are on the 100 dollars a day then you are singapore based, only the guys on the dubai contracts get a salary and day rate. Singapore guys get a offshore day rate only.

There are no tests from day one, you will be taught everything you are expected to know for any tests, just revise the info they give you prior to any exam and you will be fine. All exams are multiple choice and some are open book as well. The course is very good and even with no prior knowledge of rov systems you will come out with a general understanding of both ET and MT.

First two weeks of the course is learning first aid and bosiet etc so that will give everyone a chance to settle into it and have a few beers in Batam 🙂

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

Seriously? So even after training there is no basic salary?? If you are no assigned any work you will have zero income coming in… surely no?

We got emailed pre course information to read through because there is a closed book assessment on day one of training that accounts for a percentage of the total grade from the training course.

Seems to be some conflicting stories…..

Jack
    Participant

If you are through the dubai office you get salary so you get paid for if you are out of work, however some of the guys on my course throught the australia office were just on day rates of 100 dollars. we finished the course back in october and many of them have only had 1 maybe two trips offshore and no money in between- seems to be rubbish!! however if you can grit through getting paid nothing until the work starts coming in its worth it in the long run- regular work in Australia = some of the highest rates anywhere in the world at the min. but yeah to answer your question….

You get nothing and could be out of work for months waiting for a slot.

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

I only got the contract sent from Dubai, but as far as I know I am based in Singapore.

Really put me in 2 minds now, obviously no one wants to be out of work for months with zero part A salary!!

Jack
    Participant

ahhh no. I know where youre getting confused-if youre through the Dubai office you DO get paid when youre off.

The singapore thing youre refering to is the training course in Batam. its a 20 min ferry from singapore but is actually an indonesian island.

like i said its completely different with every person, some get steady work straight away and some dont.

Johnny Bravo
    Participant

I emailed the Dubai office yesterday asking regarding this, was told there is infact no salary just the offshore dayrate.

Ben B
    Participant

I got an email today from Oceaneering Dubai asking to schedule a phone interview, stoked!

I come from an IT background and have basic knowledge of electronics/hydraulics etc.

If anyone else here has had a phone interview with Oceaneering can they please shed some light on any questions they may ask as I want to be as prepared as best I can

thanks in advance guys!

cheers

Lee Taylor
    Participant

Hi Fellas,

Ex Royal Navy Electronics Engineer here with telephone interview with OI for ROV Job tomorrow.
    Any tips please?

Ifeanyi
    Participant

Hi Fellas,

Ex Royal Navy Electronics Engineer here with telephone interview with OI for ROV Job tomorrow.
    Any tips please?

Hi, Just want to ask if u got any tip for ur telephone interview as i have one next week.
    Although am not a rookie, have been in managerial position, and have never given anyone a telephone interview, any idea?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar