Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations One thing the IROVA will probably never do!

One thing the IROVA will probably never do!

Home Forums ROV International ROV Related Associations One thing the IROVA will probably never do!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    timebandit
    Participant

IROVA,
    Thanks for your comments,

James McLauchlan
    Participant

IROVA,

eh?

thomas
    Participant

ccc

timebandit
    Participant

Comments retracted for reasons of fairness

thomas
    Participant

Yes I agree with you and I actually just came on to delete my last.
    You caught me at the wrong time bud.Im up to my ears and pretty tired.
    Suffice to say everything relating to our industry will be looked at as time goes on.
    The 21 day rule in the uk imho is a bit short and 60 days is too long.I tried to politely explain my absence for a while and should not have jumped at you.
    I have no intention of implimenting any rules by myself.
    The whole idea of this association is to have rov people to be democratic and make the rules themselves.
    I and others will try to create direction and suggest ways forward but in these early days there are so many topics to be covered.They all need time and discussion.

timebandit
    Participant

IROVA
    respect to you Bro….Nice to draw swords with you.
    At the end of the day it was only You, Scott and myself that have chosen to discuss the issue. It would be interesting to see how many weeks offshore other folk consider to be within their comfort zone.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Comments retracted for reasons of fairness

Very reasonable approach. Much appreciated.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

…would be interesting to see how many weeks offshore other folk consider to be within their comfort zone.

Maybe in another thread set up for that purpose.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Just a leeeeeeetle input from me 🙂
    As far as days go , IROVA or any other governing body should NOT have a say in this……………………………
    We are all big boys who have left our mummies tit 😯
    You agree to the terms set down in your contract ( Yearly or Day rate )
    You no like …………….. Don’t do the job or accept the contract 8)
    Some Contracts are Easy Peazy because of where they are in the world ,
    Some contracts are great because you know the personnel on the job and know it’s going to be a blast 😀
    It’s up to you to get the info on the contract and act accordingly 😯 .
    It’s not an Office job and logistics = common sense you aint going to go home every night to your loved ones 😕
    That’s part of the perks of earning more money than some other professions ( apart from the obvious other dangers of course 8) )
    If it’s not for you to spend time away from land ……………………
    (I have no problems doing long stints if asked subject to conditions above)
    Change your profession !

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Lost,

In my opinion, there are too many numpties ending up doing too long of periods offshore which leads to safety issues in my book. These issues include damaging equipment. Reading back, I think you’ll see that IROVA had done the mobe prior to the job he/she was on.

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Hmmm , I agree with alot of things you have said on here regarding other topics but on this one I disagree.
    The downward spiral on a long contract is usually down to moral.
    And people will damage the equipment anytime and it aint down to length of time the certain muppet broke it…………………. or lost it 😯
    Some of these muppets had lost it years ago let alone because they did four weeks instead of two 😯
    Moral is the killer on any contract………………. Accomodation , food , Bad Team mates and Hygiene to say some examples.
    But the choice to stay or not is down to the individual not some governing body or advisory service 😀

James McLauchlan
    Participant

This thread has gone off topic… no surprise there!

A new thread has been started where people can discuss ROV personnel – Safe offshore trip duration?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Ooops , saw mistake , I meant Morale not moral. 😀
    In keeping with Topic…………………… James 8)
    It’s not up to the IROVA to dictate what number of days you do offshore.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar