Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Required: ROV Pilot / Tech (British)

Required: ROV Pilot / Tech (British)

Home Forums ROV ROV Employment Discussion Required: ROV Pilot / Tech (British)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What a low opinion you have of other nationalities, how sad

Rons_ROV_Links
    Participant

What they do outside the 12 mile limit (work wise – UKCS included) is of of no legal concern to UK immigration.

I am wondering if the UK immigration cares for offshore work. For example when an offshore vessel, coming from let’s say the Norwegian Sea with mainly Filipino crew, has to work in UK waters for appr. 1 week and the work location is 10 NM from the shore than I don’t expect that they first have to sail to Aberdeen for a crew change.
    This might change when they have to visit Aberdeen multiple times for bunkering.

In 2000 I was working in Canada and remember that most of the Filipino’s were replaced by locals but not the Filipino ROV pilots.

In 1999 I started training Filipino ROV pilots for my former employer on the North Sea. They were replacing the British pilots. The Filipino ROV pilots were a little cheaper but were also better educated. Most of them had done an electronics or electrical course on an university. Most of these guys are working for Fugro in Singapore now.
    At the end I paid my price because I lost my job or actually I quit my job.
    Recently I was asked to give ROV trainings in Manila, Middle East (Unique Group) etc. but decided to go my own way and haven’t seen an ROV in 2 years now.

The only thing I never liked about Filipinos were a the karaoke parties…

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Top dawg,

Let me get this straight…. you joined ROV World in Jan. 2009…. What was yur handle before? (If you don’t mind me asking…) – I mean, I joined in 2003 and I don’t call mesef Topdawg….. As for parting with knowledge, I’m extremely selective now…

Anonymous

I joined in 2003… Pathetic and sad reply

I wouldn’t worry about parting with your knowledge too much

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

I joined in 2003… Pathetic and sad reply

I wouldn’t worry about parting with your knowledge too much

Did you first learn of yur new handle in the museum in yer lerverly country or did you have hands on (son)? BTW – the website started that year…..

Topdawg
    Participant

@Scotbeve:
    I don’t really see what my handle and membership length to this website has to do with the topic, but ok… I will answer your question.

*No member before 2009, so no other handle.

Any particular reason for asking?

TD

James McLauchlan
    Participant

This is getting off topic.

Choice of username and when people joined the forum has bugger all to do with this thread.

If you want to have a dig at somebody please do it by PM, email, telephone or out on deck but not in this open forum.

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

AW Naw James,
    This was just bubbling up into a nice wee ding dong 😆

James McLauchlan
    Participant

AW Naw James,
    This was just bubbling up into a nice wee ding dong 😆

Yeah… could have been fun! but I’d be well out of order of I didn’t do the right thing 😉 Needs must and all that.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar