Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Rates in Dubia

ROV Rates in Dubia

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates ROV Rates in Dubia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mag50
    Participant

Hi,

I look at the ROV pay chart and it has variations of Day Rate Pay. What is a good Day rate for someone who has 4-5years experience on rov elec, hyd, piloting and supervisor experiences?

Tech pay?

Supervisor pay ?

Also should holiday bonus be included and if so what should it be?

I appreciate your input.

sedco
    Participant

Good day rates at the moment are :-

Supervisor :- $900 – $1000/day

Tech :- $750 – $900/day

Holiday bonus :- 4 – 10 days double pay over Christmas and New Year

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

Is this true?
    Seems very high to me, especially when most (95%) off all rates are quoted in GBP and if you ask for this with the state of affairs now are you not going to consistently lose out?

But as we all know the Pound has lost more than 25% of its value to the US$.

I would like to get some feedback here. Yes, I know what the rates page say’s but ……seems high to me.

US$ 950.00 / 1.5 = GBP £ 633.00…..I have a hard time believing this.
    Hell the £ is now 1.47 and …..<
    Input?

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Destroy the phony Dollar 👿
    Sterling rules 😈

Anonymous

Is this true?
    Seems very high to me, especially when most (95%) off all rates are quoted in GBP and if you ask for this with the state of affairs now are you not going to consistently lose out?

I would like to get some feedback here. Yes, I know what the rates page say’s but ……seems high to me.

Input?

Hi
    It is true, some companies pay that, and that’s in Asia

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

Is this true?

Input?

Hi

Whoa dude!!! Shhhhhh! Wanna keep the riff-raff out…

Anonymous

Is this true?

Input?

Hi

Whoa dude!!! Shhhhhh! Wanna keep the riff-raff out…

Hi Again
    Sorry i was lying its 240S$ a day, did i say something else?

Scott Beveridge
    Participant

😆 😆 😆

Savante
    Participant

should start working in dollars and euros again !! pound ain’t worth didly!!

Mark DuPriest
    Participant

cheers,
    adjustments to be made… 😉

ROVHD
    Participant

Supervisor grade 2 on construction vessel, eight years expirence overall. 732.00 US a day working in Angola. No BS that’s 642.00 plus 90.00 a day for over seas allowance for a total of 732.00 per day.

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Supervisor grade 2

Sorry, but you are either a supervisor or not. Having various supervisor grades is rubbish! It’s just another tool the companies use to keep rates down. I would suggest that the client pays full rate for a supervisor no matter what ‘grade’ the sup has been employed by the ROV company at.
    So who is being seen off here?

The practice of having various supervisor grades needs wiping out!
    But that is just the opinion of one person. I’m sure there are those that might disagree, especially onshore.

Ray Shields
    Participant

But then the same can be said of Pilot Tech and Sub Engineer.

I can see the reasoning behind having a number of levels at each grade – but as you said the Clients tend to pay for a PT, A Sub Eng or A Supervisor

Anonymous

Supervisor grade 2 on construction vessel, eight years expirence overall. 732.00 US a day working in Angola. No BS that’s 642.00 plus 90.00 a day for over seas allowance for a total of 732.00 per day.

Sorry HD you are being raped. What are you doing in West Africa for less than $1k US/day? In fact you shouldn’t be working anywhere as a Supv for the coin you quoted.

Some food for thought over Xmas gentlemen. Sedco’s quoted rates are accurate and I’m amazed that some of you see them as high.

The UK used to be the place to pull a decent day rate. West Africa was the place to pull an excellent day rate if you wanted to take a risk or 2.

UK rates are now piss poor and if things slow down there, are you going to go down south and work Africa for peanuts too?

I sure hope not……..

rovpilot
    Participant

The UK used to be the place to pull a decent day rate. West Africa was the place to pull an excellent day rate if you wanted to take a risk or 2.

UK rates are now piss poor and if things slow down there, are you going to go down south and work Africa for peanuts too?

I sure hope not……..

My Snr Sub rate now works out less that $550 a day in africa with the current £-$ …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar