Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    James McLauchlan
    Participant

ROVworld.com Lives to fight another day!!

I am pleased to advise that, having concluded negotiations with some like minded ROV enthusiasts, ROVworld.com will continue to provide a sevice to the global ROV community at large into 2014 and beyond!

The new owners are intent on not only keeping the site as a dedicated ROV community but will over time likely carry the site forward to a new level.

Initially the existing ROVworld web-team will remain onboard during the transition period.

I have been at pains to ensure that the site was not sucked up by yet another ROV training company or the likes. This aim has been achieved 100% :tup:

best regards
    James

John Bridgett
    Participant

ROVworld.com Lives to fight another day!!

I am pleased to advise that, having concluded negotiations with some like minded ROV enthusiasts, ROVworld.com will continue to provide a sevice to the global ROV community at large into 2014 and beyond!

The new owners are intent on not only keeping the site as a dedicated ROV community but will over time likely carry the site forward to a new level.

Initially the existing ROVworld web-team will remain onboard during the transition period.

I have been at pains to ensure that the site was not sucked up by yet another ROV training company or the likes. This aim has been achieved 100% :tup:

best regards
    James

That’s excellent news, are the new owners going to introduce themselves ??

J

rov_er
    Participant

Awesome

:tup:

Roy Simson
    Participant

Thats good news James and I look forward to hearing who the new owners are .

Cheers

Raptor

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Suffice to say that the new owners will operate the site under a company called ROVworld inc. They are Canada based and are involved in the ROV industry already. It’s a good match IMHO.

I can’t say much more right now but I can assure our members that there will be no interruption of service as we pass into the new year. I would anticipate a complete announcement and introductions to take place sometime around 7th – 14th Jan after the festive period and when people return to their offices.

Apologies if this has come as a surprise to many, but as you might imagine not too much can be said when negotiations are under way as is the norm in business. If I had jumped the gin and said something positive it could have all fallen though. Then my name would have been mud for sure!!

Best wishes to all for the festive season 🙂

James Mc

Des_b
    Participant

Nice one James,

Fantastic news!! Here was I thinking Id have to get my fix in over the next few days before closure….now I dont have to! 🙂

Cheers

Des

Ray Shields
    Participant

Lets hope we can get away from 90% posts being the same job adverts from Agencies and "how do I get a job in ROVs" posts and get back to more discussions and industry news/gossip from those who actually have jobs and are out there doing it!

Paul Bond
    Participant

Good news indeed.
    Good luck to the new ‘owners’ – if my hunch regarding their identity is correct, then they are good people

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Lets hope we can get away from 90% posts being the same job adverts from Agencies and "how do I get a job in ROVs" posts and get back to more discussions and industry news/gossip from those who actually have jobs and are out there doing it!

Yep! I sometimes wonder what happened to the more in depth (pun intended 😉 ) discussions we used to have about the ROV industry. Certainly not happening on Facebook from what I can see! Maybe there is a different breed of ROV person around these days.

Savante
    Participant

are we going to be kept in suspenders as to the new owners/operators? 🙂

Robert Black
    Participant

What Ray said. I agree.

Can someone also pull Ron (RonsROV links) out of retirement?

Rab

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Can someone also pull Ron (RonsROV links) out of retirement?

Rab

Hey Rab

That’ll be up to Ron. Not sure what he did with the setup.. it might not be archived so would have to start from scratch. 🙁

We have links on here but nobody dedicated to updating them. We are short handed in that respect. That might change in the coming weeks.

James

JL Schnabel
    Participant

H u r a a a H ❗ ❗ ❗

😉

JL Schnabel
    Participant

Can’t really compare this site with the ROV group on fB… ❗

This is here is more "serious" – that is not meant to sound pretensious; where as the one on fB is too much of the mud.slingin’ on the village square type of vibe. Dig?

😯

R2D2
    Participant

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar