Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

Home Forums Miscellaneous Website & Forum Updates – Suggestions – Problems ROVworld – To continue with new owners :)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    David Sherry
    Participant

well done james :).

James McLauchlan
    Participant

well done james :).

Cheers :tup:

Meeting with a representative of the new owners this coming week.

The transition from a user experience should be seamless.

liddelljohn
    Participant

This is all great news, i think we all have to thank James for the hours of work and energy he has put into this forum over the years , thanks James

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Can’t really compare this site with the ROV group on fB… ❗

This is here is more "serious" – that is not meant to sound pretensious; where as the one on fB is too much of the mud.slingin’ on the village square type of vibe. Dig?

😯

David

We’ve had our fair share of ‘mud.slingin’ on here over the years 🙂

Food for thought though…..
    ROVworld.com was first online in 2000. The first static pages were uploaded when were based in Ao-Nang, Thailand. Yep! The site is 14 years old 🙂
    We ran with static pages and a separate discussion forum for the first 3 years.
    In 2003 ROVworld started using a CMS (Content Management System)
    FB was launched in Feb 2004 when ROVworld was 4 years old.
    The language of this site is English. No doubt about that.

FB owners could shut down the FB ROV group right off the bat and make it disappear. Sadly the administrator could do nothing about it as they do n ot own the FB ROV group (FB Inc. does) Not anything I would wish on the group administrator, but it is an inherent weakness of using a public site funded by a large corporation.

Needless to say, 14 years down the line the long term survival of ROVworld.com has been secured and life will go on as usual, no matter what happens to Facebook 🙂

I wonder if I’ll be posting on here at the time of ROVworld’s 20th birthday? 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar