Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner So.. what’s the trick to get in?

So.. what’s the trick to get in?

Home Forums ROV ROV Rookie Corner So.. what’s the trick to get in?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Rourkie
    Participant

G’day,
    My name is Danny and im a ROV maintainer for the Royal Australian Navy, intrested in joining the oil riggs. I still need to do the ROV course over at Freo, but i was wondering with 3 years experance being a maintainer for the Navy would help me get in the indersty. i main maintainer for the Sutech double eagle Mk II mine disposal Veichal and love working with it but sick of the other stuff with the navy. love to know any info,
    Danny

Yarrick
    Participant

Thanks for the posts. I can see that it’s not as easy to get into the industry as we (trainees) would like it to be. Fair enough, I’ll keep trying.
    As for arguing, please don’t do that on this thread! There are some good, helpful points here, so lets not mix them with bitching on each other.

Allegedly
    Participant

He he.

Ray Shields
    Participant

G’day,
    My name is Danny and im a ROV maintainer for the Royal Australian Navy, intrested in joining the oil riggs. I still need to do the ROV course over at Freo, but i was wondering with 3 years experance being a maintainer for the Navy would help me get in the indersty. i main maintainer for the Sutech double eagle Mk II mine disposal Veichal and love working with it but sick of the other stuff with the navy. love to know any info,
    Danny

You should apply for jobs with ROV companies before spending a fortune doing a course you probably wont need to do to get a job. You should have enough experience to be able to get a job.

I would also double check your spelling on your CV, cos if it is as bad as the spelling on here you run the risk of putting employers off if there are mistakes in the CV.

ROV_Monkey
    Participant

G’day,
    Danny

You should apply for jobs with ROV companies before spending a fortune doing a course you probably wont need to do to get a job. You should have enough experience to be able to get a job.

I would also double check your spelling on your CV, cos if it is as bad as the spelling on here you run the risk of putting employers off if there are mistakes in the CV.

Ray,
    What makes you think people in the office can spell? Or are they just able to drive spellchecker?

Monkey

Ray Shields
    Participant

If the spelling in the original post was as bad on the CV, it already sets alarm bells ringing that maybe if the person cannt be bothered to check that their CV is presented correctly, they may not be very careful in their work in general.

You only have one chance for a first impression.

Im sure people in the office do have problems spelling – but they are not looking for a job πŸ™‚

Rourkie
    Participant

Thanks mates for your help, and yes i know my spelling is lacking some what πŸ˜‰

thanks again,
    Danny

Ben Reymenants
    Participant

Hi There,

I’m new to the industry, done a 3 week ROV course and a basic electronic/hydraulic/electrics course.

As many others, I’m finding it hard to find a job, even after sending out 100’s of cv’s. I’ve been reading through many posts and it is quite frustrating indeed. So instead of feeling sorry for myself and my money I was wondering if it is worth getting more training, as many rookies advice. There seem to be 4 highflyers, if anyone could advice which one of the 4 options would give the best guarantee for a job, that’d be highly appreciated;

-Do another ROV course with Global Marine Services in Portland
    -Do another ROV course with Cynergetix (deepwater)in Singapore
    -Do a 3.3U inspector course (and if so,where?)
    -Do my HNC electrical/electronics/hydraulics certs

Thanks in advance!

Kiwitech
    Participant

I would ask do you have a valid Offshore Medical and have you also got a valid BOSIET cert) as it would be a nasty shock to spend $$$ on training courses and Fail either.

Anonymous

F–k this website has become so depressing…..

Ben Reymenants
    Participant

I do have a valid medical UKOOA and BOSIET πŸ˜€

why depressing? This portal has been one of the single most informative sites I’ve found on ROV stuff so far… keep the info coming!

Anonymous

yeah informative for bloody trainees

Alex Kerr
    Participant

we are the ones who make it informative (or not). πŸ˜•

whatya wanna know? πŸ˜›

Excableguy
    Participant

I have heard things are quickly getting very quiet, credit crunch causing projects to be postponed.

Yes there is work but employers are tightening belts. Perhaps that has got something to do with trainees no longer getting the start.

HelpMaBoab
    Participant

Aye Briggsy,
    Your right it is now boring, as you have said it has been hijacked by wannabees and sh1t stirrers…

Byeee πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar