Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates SS7 job offer

SS7 job offer

Home Forums ROV ROV Pay Rates SS7 job offer

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Miguel
    Participant

It is your option mate! For me, if I feel I am well qualified to do the ROV job, I will step out to my current company. I can also work on the ROV competency to be promoted and go up to the next level of position.

If you will be promoted as Spervisor to your current job, it will not make a change when you enter the ROV industry. You will start as a Trainee then become a full pledge PT after you complete your competence. Nowadays, the company is aligning their ROV personnel competence (base on IMCA) for clients approval to go in the job. Your competence is your key to your profession in which the company/agency base your wages.

Time is gold as of now as season get busy.

quaich
    Participant

However looking at the staff side of things. it seem likely that Subsea 7 will be moving all staff to a full salary deal in the near future. No more salary plus offshore allowance. Just a full salary, work or not.

Really ?
    That’s quite a turnaround. For years they only increased offshore allowance, salary remained the same. Or if salary did increase not by the same % as the allowance.
    You can be sure they’ve thought this through as a way to save money.

My bet it they’ll work out the salary based on the original 165 contracted days knowing most do nearer 200.
    200 – 165 = 35 double bubble days saved meanwhile antagonising an already disgruntled workforce.

Tommy
    Participant

I am currently employed in the oil and gas field and recently received a job offer for 75,600 salary. Is this amount normal, low for a trainee ROV/pilot? Thanks.

Ray Shields
    Participant

75,600 what tho!

rov_er
    Participant

75,600 peanuts 😆

Tommy
    Participant

USD.

Ray Shields
    Participant

For a Trainee? Very good.

Tommy
    Participant

Yes, for a trainee working 180 days. Currently working in subsea on BOP stack. I understand the money in subsea BOP can be excellent, but also very laborious. Looking to change careers.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar