Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

i have been offered 2 jobs this week from SS7 through 2 agencies one in Africa and one job in north sea both jobs are offered at 15% less money than last year.
    Also hearing from SS7 staffers mates that they are getting squeezed too.

Strange as another company has offered me work at higher rate than last year and about 8% more than SS7 2008 rate.

DJansen
    Participant

The guys at DOF aberdeen got a memo saying pay rates are ‘frozen’ for the foreseable future…

Meanwhile oil is back on it’s way to 60 bucks a barrel and if you google ‘ROV’ there are heaps of new builds being delivered and contracts signed..

Maybe they only want trainees and cheap third World workers now ?

If the work in Asia/Oz picks up there won’t be anybody available to work in W Africa and Europe… 😆

deepseacon
    Participant

John what rates were you offered then ??

K2
    Participant

When an agency offers me a rate with a company I always ask for more regardless of what is on offer. I also have a figure in mind and don’t drop below it. If your agency is offering such crap rates then say ‘no’. They should then go to their client and negotiate better rates. If they don’t then move on.

There’s plenty of work around and excellent rates too. No need for any good guys to be dropping their rate at any time regardless of the economy.

😉

Herman
    Participant

💡

liddelljohn
    Participant

John what rates were you offered then ??

Last year for PT they were paying £310 now offering £265

Fugro offering me £315 last year now offering £335.

deepseacon
    Participant

Thanks for posting the rates but really i dont understand the 265 GBP day rate for SUBSEA7 as a ROV Pilot Tech?

I can not see that is there rate?

Can you explain in further details?

Which level of Pilot Tech?
    What Agency?

DJansen
    Participant

Doesn’t sound too far out. I’ve heard everything from 375 – 410 for a Supv thru UK agencies… Barely 675 USD ! What a fooking travesty.. Thanks Gordon Brown .. You Moron 😡

Anonymous

greats rates , stop your whinning. Be thankful you have a job, you get your tax back on that & besdies you live in the uk , so what do you care about the exchange rate.

If you dont like the rates then dont work £0=$0 at leatse that parity should make you happy

deepseacon
    Participant

AsianStallion

Who in this thread lives in the UK and pays Tax quite possible no one.

Great rates what are you on about?

If you are happy to work for the rate’s listed here go ahead.

The point of the thread is too keep all informed so they dont get —- over by Agents and some of the 2 bit operators blaging guys for a lower day rate or salary.

DJansen
    Participant

greats rates , stop your whinning. Be thankful you have a job, you get your tax back on that & besdies you live in the uk , so what do you care about the exchange rate.

If you dont like the rates then dont work £0=$0 at leatse that parity should make you happy

Great rates 😆 😆 😆 Guess you must be a trainee ?

Be thankful I have a job ? I have a job because I’m good at what I do not because of some altruistic gesture from a company or cos I brown nosed some ops manager. I’ve never been out of work for my entire 20 years in the ROV game.. I’ve paid my dues and done my share of shite jobs so now I work when I want to and for as higher dayrate as I can get.. If they are paying peanuts let em get some monkeys..

As for the excange rate.. The ROV game is a global occupation and I’m happy to travel Worldwide to get the best rates.. Why would I be bothered ? Cos 1000 USD = 666 quid.. If someone is willing to pay 1000 USD a day why would I work for 400 Pounds ? I’m pretty happy to sit on a plane for 12hrs to get a 50%+ payrise..

teamilknone
    Participant

Thanks for posting the rates but really i dont understand the 265 GBP day rate for SUBSEA7 as a ROV Pilot Tech?

I can not see that is there rate?

Can you explain in further details?

Which level of Pilot Tech?
    What Agency?

£265 Is roughly a PT rate with S7, mabe trying to force agency rates down inline with what they pay their own guys.

deepseacon
    Participant

If Subsea7 pay there guys 265 GBP as ROV Pilot Technician and then they want Day raters to work for 265 GBP good luck to them.

Technip were paying 270 GBP in 2005.

In another role for Subsea7 the day rate for Dive Tech is 410 GBP on Agency

For me both positions are Technicians why would you work in ROV for 265 GBP when Dive Tech gets 410 GBP the above is for example it is
    also the case in many other positions offshore higer rates.

RMT Rate is 380 GBP For Dive Tech.

It can only be the case there is far to many ROV Pilots coming into the industry.

There are lots of experenced guys work as an ROV Pilot Technician grade.

Maybe about time for an Offshore agreement for ROV’s through the RMT.

Anonymous

Djassssen , in your own words you stick with Technip …hahahaha

& your entire 20 years in the industry was only a week back stated as 18 years by yourself. 😳 ……..ooooooooooPPPPPPPPPPs

Lets just call it a round 10 years shall we.

Enjoy your time on the beach fella.

I know plenty of techs in here who claim to be supervisors & claim to be paid vastly higher day rates than they actually get. Must be an ROVworld thing 😯

James McLauchlan
    Participant

Must be an ROVworld thing 😯

When compared to which other ROV website may I ask?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar