Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

Home Forums General Guess what I’ve just heard/read? SS7 slash rates to agency personel.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    liddelljohn
    Participant

Well John with a comment like that what sort of replies you going to get?

Some guys will agree with me .some wont ..but i know several blokes in Pattaya ..who work in oil related work who are being stuborn this year about not working for less money than last year ….and guess what? they are not working at all and are feeling the pinch.

Sure it sucks …but its cyclical …..other companies are still offering last year srates but they are not offering any work other companies have all their equipment sitting dockside ..thats not good .
    An old farmers tip make hay whilst the sun shines

DJansen
    Participant

‘Make hay etc..’

I did that’s why I’ve been able to relax at home instead of working for a low rate.. I’ve been off since Jan and had a great break.. More jobs coming thru now and I’m off to work in 2 weeks time.. Rate is okay, location is good and the vessel has excellent facilites.. I understand that guys (especially those newish to the industry) often don’t have a big nest egg or they have Monthly outgoings that need to be met.. If you gotta work.. you gotta work.

The biggest problem I see isn’t the quiet start so much as the crap exchange rate.. This effectively means that many of the jobs I’m offered aren’t worth considering.. Purely because other work is better when paid in USD or Euros..

The season is just starting and there are plenty of seats that need filling.. A little resistance from guys will hopeful persuade the UK Companies that to get guys they need to bring their rates inline with the rest of the World…

Oh and you must know some different guys in Pattaya to me.. Cos all the blokes I know are at work.. and not for peanuts either.. 😛

Andy Shiers
    Participant

Same same DJansen 🙂
    All the Guys I know are working and not for small nuts 😕
    Anyway Sclub 7 ( Orriginal Subsea ) have always been Shite with their pay structure.
    Even the Diving side was always crap But people always said if you wanted experince They were the best company to get it !

turtle
    Participant

Ditto Lostboy, Djansen. Lots of "offers" over last few months, all at "current market" (yawn) rates. It was a nice time to smell the roses and putz around the house. Now the offers are comng in at same rate or better as a year ago I’ll be trondling off to work in a week or so.

liddelljohn
    Participant

Ok ..I will give you guys a free laugh now …flew up to join the SS7 vessel today and was told when i arrived that the job is now cancelled as it in Norweigan sector and we dont have norweigan certs ….yep 6 other blokes with me all clisterfucked by an SS7 screwup. So i am back to jerking off at home until something else turns up.

teamilknone
    Participant

Ok ..I will give you guys a free laugh now …flew up to join the SS7 vessel today and was told when i arrived that the job is now cancelled as it in Norweigan sector and we dont have norweigan certs ….yep 6 other blokes with me all clisterfucked by an SS7 screwup. So i am back to jerking off at home until something else turns up.

Now that does make me laugh:lol:

Nothing changes with SSOL/HS/S7

NewKidOnTheBlock
    Participant

I take it you guys haven’t read the P&J about job cuts then. SS7 are shedding 85 jobs. see
    http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1219391?UserKey=

liddelljohn
    Participant

yeah i knew about that already they have been shedding people out of the office but also from the sharp end already .

luckyjim37
    Participant

It is quite clear why SS7 are cutting rates…..because they can. A few months ago most of the threads were concerned about how this is going to be a quiet year and there was going to be no work and now companies are starting to cut rates and get rid of people could the two be related.

If in Q4 of a year you have bad results of course in Q1 of the following year you take drastic action to turn it around. Therefore assuming that December through March was very quiet then the need to cut overheads and costs for the next business periods is essential hence cut the wage bill it is quick and efficent.

This will of course now seperate the true offshore money grabbers from those whos have much higher moral standards and will not take a pay cut on principal.

Personally if I need to pay my mortgage I need to work. If I need to feed my family I need to work if the day rates fall then I need to do more days simple as that.

As someone pointed out there are a lot of people on here who will not drop their rates which is their choice but on the same note they are the ones earning no money at all.

Interesting times ahead me thinks.

liddelljohn
    Participant

SS7 have a squeeze also from their banks .. they have to service their finance loans for all the new vessels and equipment they ordered over the last few years …but now there is a squeeze from the oil majors on projects so its a chain reaction shareholders ,creditors , employees with us at the sharp end getting shafted.

dandydon
    Participant

Found this wee threed on anither forum ken, mibbe this is the reason why the rates are getting cut / bonus reduced and uplift’s stopped at SS7:

http://www.whale.oilbeefhooked.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=123

Am a readin this richt………..£48.00 PER DAY

Nae Wiy min, tell me it isnae true, confirm or deny someone at SS7 will yi?

DD

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Skip to toolbar